Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Supervises and instructs students in classroom educational and recreational activities as part of the 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) Grant.
- Creates and instructs students in Reading and Mathematics using research-based instructional best practices towards achieving the goals and measurable objectives outlined in the 21st CCLC grant.
- Responsible for supervising students in a classroom and/or informal setting.
- Completes an activity sheet and/or lesson plan that has measurable learning objectives, preferably aligned with Common Core State Standards or National Science Standards.
- Establishes learning goals in compliance with State, District, and 21st CCLC guidelines.
- Plans and coordinates work of the Youth Development Specialist and Teacher Assistant under the direction of the Site Supervisor.
- Evaluates, records, and reports student progress.
- Collaborates with colleagues, parents, and students to develop strategies to address student academic and behavioral needs.
- Develops and implements classroom policies and procedures in accordance with 21st CCLC guidelines.
- Works with building staff to identify and support at-risk students with social or health concerns.
- Plans and coordinates the work of Youth Development Specialist and Teacher Assistants.
- Responsible for the implementation of Program Quality Assessment (PQA).
- Participates in provided staff development opportunities, as well as any mandated trainings or meetings as assigned by 21st CCLC Site Supervisor.
- Serves on staff committees as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Experience: Two years’ classroom instructional experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate; endorsements required for some assignments. CTE endorsement required for ConneX Health Career class instructors.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of subject matter Washington State learning standards related to assignment. Knowledge of Positive Behave Intervention Supports (PBIS). Ability to design, implement, and evaluate lessons for student learning. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills with individuals and groups. Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion to create a safe learning environment. Skills in problem-solving and conflict resolution. Strong classroom management skills. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook and Word. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. This position is not eligible for bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.