YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Works with the 21st Century Teacher and Site Supervisor in the instruction and supervision of student learning, progress monitoring, data collection and reporting.
- Works with the 21st Century Teacher and Site Supervisor to create and deliver activities intended to increase student academic achievement in Reading and Mathematics.
- Works with 21st Century Teacher to complete activity sheets and/or lesson plans that have measurable learning objectives, preferably aligned with Common Core State Standards or National Science Standards.
- Compiles and completes needed documentation for review and evaluation of student attendance, academic achievement, discipline situations and demographic information.
- Monitors, documents, and reports academic and behavioral impact of activities.
- Collaborates with 21st Century Teacher to establish and maintain positive classroom environment and standards of student behavior in accordance with Washington State law, and District and School policies.
- Completes monthly/annual documentation as needed for program evaluation.
- Participates in provided staff development opportunities, as well as any mandated trainings or meetings as assigned by 21st Century Community Learning Centers (CCLC) Site supervisor.
- Assists in the creation and distribution of media including brochures, flyers, and various social media outlets such as Facebook.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Must be at least 18 years of age and have one or more of the following:
◦ Received a qualifying score of 461 on the Education Testing Service ParaPro Assessment.
◦ Hold an Associate Degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
◦ Earned seventy-two quarter credits or forty-eight semester credits at the one hundred level or higher at an accredited college or university.
◦ Completed an apprenticeship as a paraeducator, in a program registered with the Washington State Apprenticeship and Training Council.
Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Teaching preferred.
- Experience: One year’s experience facilitating programs with youth. Two years’ facilitating programs with youth preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: First Aid/ CPR Certification card to be obtained within 30 days of hire.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills with individuals and groups. Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion to create a safe learning environment. Skills in problem-solving and conflict resolution. Basic proficiency with a variety of technology and computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Positive Behave Intervention Supports (PBIS). Ability to design, implement, and evaluate student learning. Ability to organize student activities. Ability to implement positive discipline and classroom management. Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. This position is not eligible for bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.