Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Assists direct supervisor with the routine aspects of operational management for the clinic or medical residency program. Assists clinicians and supervisory staff with administrative tasks including communication and correspondence, filing, scheduling and organizing.
- Provides confidential administrative support to the direct supervisor and administrative staff.
- Answers calls and transfers calls as necessary.
- Screens calls for direct supervisor and responds when appropriate.
- Collects, sort and distributes all incoming mail daily.
- Works independently with limited direction from the direct supervisor to accomplish appropriate projects and tasks.
- Obtains absent/tardy information from supervisors and records on daily attendance log.
- Maintains an updated accessible filing system.
- Prepares and distributes monthly provider on site and on call clinic schedules to clinic staff and local hospitals.
- Ensures timely processing and approval of staff time cards in coordination with departmental supervisors. Distributes timesheets from Toppenish Payroll, collects, prepares, and returns them when signed. Maintains copies.
- Attends all meetings as requested by direct supervisor.
- Prepares meeting agendas, takes, transcribes and distributes minutes of assigned meetings.
- Assists direct supervisor with day-to-day activities.
- Maintains reports as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Composes, edits, types and proofs correspondence, reports, forms charts, manuals and other documents assigned by direct supervisor.
- Maintains conference room schedules.
- Ensures meeting facilities are prepared as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Assists with patient complaints and concerns.
- Maintains contact with staff, clinicians, patients, agencies and members of the community.
- Secures travel arrangements for direct supervisor and other staff as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Two years of office experience preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Ability to type quickly and accurately. Computer knowledge in Word, Excel. Ability to be extremely organized and accountable. Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Ability to supervise and be sensitive to individual needs of staff and patients. Ability to work with frequent interruptions. Knowledge of medical/dental office operations preferred.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.