YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Provides support and assistance to identified administrative staff (Program Director and designees). Manages a diverse workload to include: typing, making telephone calls, assisting with project completion and analysis, filing, replying to correspondence, and similar tasks, manage spreadsheets and databases, maintain various reports.
- Provides confidential administrative support to Program Director and her designees including the processing of sensitive information, documents, and correspondence and coordinating schedules.
- Maintains accessible and updated policies, forms, procedures, regulations and protocols.
- Handles, and distributes all incoming correspondence and prioritizes it for the program director, replies when appropriate, and routes to appropriate personnel. Reviews director’s email as requested. Replies when task is specifically delegated.
- Processes all outgoing mail.
- Receives, date stamps, and distributes incoming faxes, inter office mail.
- Dates and sends outgoing faxes.
- Composes written correspondence, narratives, and reports as requested.
- Develops paper and electronic filing systems and maintains files.
- Maintains network files that are shared by supervisors.
- Maintains paper files for self and Program Director in a clear, concise fashion.
- Purges materials per guidelines in a timely fashion.
- Assists with the preparation of reports and compiling data, as well as the development of department forms.
- Composes, types and distributes various documents, (letters, memos, etc) as directed by the Program Director.
- Develops department forms that are clear and concise.
- Prepares and/or assists in the statistical and other report data documentation, (e.g. end of month, caseload stats).
- Develops spreadsheets and databases as required to facilitate information processing for managers.
- Maintains organizational chart up-to-date and distributes in a timely fashion.
- Maintains confidential, abbreviated HR files on department staff.
- Processes applications for open positions and schedules interview times.
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes a tracking system for various assigned tasks.
- Develops, maintains, and utilizes a tracking system to assure program director has items to review, read and approve in a timely fashion.
- Monitors and coordinates purchasing needs of supervisors, as requested. Utilizes purchasing software to submit purchases.
- Reconciles invoices, packing slips, and purchase orders. Routes to Program Director for review and approval, and then sends to Accounts Payable Department for payment. Tracks invoices and expenses.
- Compiles budget-period ending requests for the Program Director to review. Reviews request for high cost items prior to submitting to program director.
- Monitors/tracks the ordering process from beginning to when items are received.
- Runs reports from Legiant to ensure staff are in compliance with job requirements.
- Monitors/orders office supplies, orders, receives and distributes.
- Reviews and monitors for accuracy mileage/per diem calculations on forms submitted by supervisors.
- Keeps department mileage calculation forms up to date.
- Completes check request forms as needed.
- Monitors office equipment and requests service as needed.
- Sorts and tallies end of month report data. Send compiled documents to accounting and provides summary to the director. Informs director when supervisors are behind.
- Sorts and tallies quarterly QA data submitted by the supervisors. Prepares a quarterly report for the director. Keeps director apprised of when supervisors are behind schedule.
- Processes concern reports in a timely fashion. Reviews for completeness, then has program director review in a timely fashion.
- Accurately completes and tallies time study data for the department in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrates ability to operate existing computer system and office equipment
- Will have potential for daily contact with clinic staff, clinicians, patients, and representatives from outside agencies and members of the community.
- Assists in resolving department questions or concerns with administrative departments such as Human Resources, Accounting, Purchasing, IS, Administration, etc.
- Prepares department administrative forms, e.g. equipment requests, IS requests, HR forms, and WIC certification forms to the State.
- Tracks department administrative forms, e.g. equipment requests, IS requests, HR forms, and WIC certification forms to the state.
- Greets the public and guests of the Program Director.
- Maintains contact with staff, clinicians, patients, agencies and members of the community.
- Assist in solving patient complaints and concerns.
- Prepares meeting agenda. Takes, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings as directed by the Program Director.
- Schedules speakers for department meetings and supervisor meetings as requested by the Program Director.
- Assembles meeting agenda, records various meetings (department, supervisor) as directed by the program director.
- Ensures meeting facilities are prepared as directed by the Program Director,
- Completes minutes in a timely fashion. Reminds program director to review on a regular basis.
- Secures travel arrangements for the Program Director.
- Prepares mileage and travel form for the program director.
- Maintains supervisory calendar up-to-date.
- Maintains administrative calendar up-to-date.
- Schedules meetings in program director’s calendar as directed.
- Maintain phones lists, and birthday lists.
- Represent the Program Director at various meetings.
- Screens calls for the Program Director and responds when appropriate.
- Education: Associates Degree or Certificate from an accredited technical school. Two years of experience may substituted to meet education requirement. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: Two years’ experience with complex office responsibilities. One years’ experience in office management preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to maintain confidentiality. Knowledge of secretarial skills including answering phones, taking messages, typing, composition, scheduling transcribing, etc. Strong word processing skills required and strong spreadsheet skills (Excel) are essential. Knowledge of database (Access) preferred (CHS). Ability to express self, verbally and in writing. Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously. Ability to periodically travel to and attend off-site meetings. Ability to operate all standard office machines and equipment. Ability to work with frequent interruptions. If working with WIC, experience in the WIC and nutrition field is preferred.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.