Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Supervises the implementation, support, and maintenance of assigned enterprise systems. Provides oversight and direction for the daily operational activities that occur within the unit. Plans, coordinates and supervises support, maintenance, and project activities related to assigned application systems.
Sign-on bonus of $5,000.00 on first paycheck and $5,000.00 at 12 months of employment.
This position will be partial remote. One day an week will be in the office at Toppenish Admin South.
- Plans, develops, and prioritizes assigned staff work activities, and resolves issues.
- Supervises Tier 2 and Tier 3 support operations to ensure timely resolution to system issues.
- Develops project plans, schedules, and allocates resources to complete work.
- Oversees projects for Analysts and Specialists and ensures project objectives are defined and met.
- Initiates communication with other team leaders and project staff regarding assigned projects.
- Evaluates corporate software needs and recommends new software packages when upgrades or updates are needed.
- Evaluates hardware needs in relation to assigned enterprise systems, provides consultation and advice to the technology team regarding software compatibility.
- Develops and/or recommends solutions or approaches to solve new or existing complex problems.
- Writes, maintains, verifies, and ensures the complete and accurate documentation of IS workflows, systems, and/or projects.
- Oversees the development of test plans and system upgrades.
- Manages and/or negotiates application vendor contracts and license agreements. Holds external vendors accountable to meet contractual obligations to YVFWC, provide prompt responses, and fix any problems or emergencies as needed.
- Provides technical expertise, direction, and guidance to team members.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Works with the IS Security team to ensure all company policies concerning HIPAA and general system security are adequately represented, reflected and enforced for the systems they are responsible for.
- May be assigned responsibility to ensure the timely provisioning and de-provisioning of appropriate levels of access for the systems that they support.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Healthcare. Associate Degree and two years’ experience in Information Systems may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: Five years’ experience in Information Systems or clinical practice, two of which include IT leadership experience. One year of Epic and/or clinical system experience is included in the five years’ requirement. Two years’ Epic and/or EMR experience preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Epic certification in Cadence, Prelude, Resolute Professional Billing, Ambulatory, Wisdom, or Willow preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Knowledge of information processing, computer systems analysis, and technical skills. Knowledge of hardware, software, and peripheral equipment and troubleshooting techniques. Knowledge of clinical workflows and clinical business systems. Ability to assess various equipment and procedures and make recommendations for improvements. Ability to effectively lead and manage a team. Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent priorities. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills with individuals and groups. Ability to write concise, organized, and clear communications to internal and external customers. Effective project management capability throughout the project lifecycle of planning, organizing, managing, and finalizing outcomes. Ability to analyze complex data and communicate observations in a simplified manner. Strong analytical and decision making skills to be able to assess the root cause of an issue and determine an optimal solution. Ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility. Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Epic, and EMR.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.