YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Position is responsible for validating and extracting healthcare codes that are supported by chart documentation. It is also responsible for following-up on claims and statements in accordance with payer rules and benefits.
What We Offer
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties
- Identifies and obtains missing information to clear the revenue progression.
- Performs updates to registration and coverage information.
- Navigates payor sites to determine patient eligibility, benefits, exclusions and payor enrollment.
- Posts charges in the billing system, Practice Management System, per the Coding rules and conventions.
- Keeps records of billing activities.
- Abstracts clinical information from a variety of medical records, charts, and documents and assigns appropriate billing codes to patient records according to established procedures.
- Works with coding databases and confirms diagnosis coding accuracy.
- Reviews charge documents for completeness and returns incomplete documents to the source.
- Sends charges to the next payor per guidelines.
- Interacts with Providers, payors, and patients to complete the revenue collection process.
- Education: High School diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Graduate of a medical coding program is preferred.
- Experience: Six months’ experience in healthcare coding or billing. Previous experience on a healthcare practice management system. Experience with a billing system such as Practice Management System. Graduation from a medical coding program may replace the 6 months of required experience.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: CPC (Certified Professional Coder) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) certification preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. This position is not eligible for bilingual differential pay. Proficiency with a variety of computer programs including EpiCare, Prelude, Resolute, Word and Excel. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Strong customer relations skills preferred. Knowledge of coding/billing preferred. Knowledge of medical/dental terminology, data entry, and billing coding preferred. Knowledge of accounts receivable processes preferred. Ability to use and understand billing coding books and guides.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in Washington State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.