Procures supplies and equipment for assigned customer groups. Coordinates purchases, maintains and enhances procurement processes, and identifies cost effective solutions.
What We Offer
- $23-$29/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Maintains a procurement management system that efficiently processes requests, assigns purchase orders, organizes receipt of goods information, and maintains stocked usage distribution in conjunction with the Accounting Department to ensure accurate and efficient Purchase Order (PO) approval by Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) departments.
- Manages purchase requests over identified limit to ensure multiple bids are incurred.
- Follows established procurement policies, procedures, and practices.
- Implements changes to support process improvements, corporate projects, and the organizational goals of YVFWC.
- Researches and presents product comparison information as requested by leadership
- Negotiates with suppliers to achieve the best quality, price, and delivery scheduling for approved expenditures.
- Attends planning meetings related to new projects. Coordinates purchasing and installation of new equipment. Verifies inventory control labeling and correct location of equipment.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop and implement departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: Three years’ experience in materials or project management, two of which are in purchasing.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver high-quality results on time. Strong analytical and decision-making skills to be able to assess an issue and recommend solutions. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills with individuals and groups. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and ERP systems.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.