Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Responsible for maintaining the day-to-day flow of the department and supervising the Scheduling Coordinators. Manages and implements policies and processes to ensure compliance with the standards of the organization and various regulatory agencies.
- Formulates and implements policies, procedures, and processes that meet the standards and requirements of the organization and various regulatory agencies.
- Monitors the patient record filing system and ensures accurate and complete data is collected for all patients. Provides feedback and instruction to staff to ensure accuracy of patient files.
- Answers questions from staff and provides guidance and feedback.
- Assists in the formulation and management of performance targets for individuals and teams.
- Measures performance with key metrics such as number of calls per Call Center Agent, queue time, call abandonment %, dropped calls, and customer service satisfaction levels.
- Communicates and serves as a liaison between call center and all clinics scheduling coordinators are serving. Builds relationships with clinic supervisors from all clinics call center is serving.
- Updates and maintains scheduling protocols for all clinics the call center is serving.
- Creates improvement plans to optimize procedures and staff engagement. Ensures adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Keeps management informed of issues and problems. Identifies any patterns and creates solutions to mitigate or eliminate them.
- Participates in Clinic Leadership meetings and reports results and performance to the Clinic Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Management Duties:
- Coaches, mentors, and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Completes call audits on scheduling coordinators to ensure expectations of scheduling coordinators are being met during the phone interaction with the patient.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Manages AIDET patient communication surveys, compiles and communicates results, and makes any process or procedure changes necessary to improve results. Also manages TSF on a daily basis.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Experience: One year of call center experience in a supervisory or lead role. Minimum of 2 years of call center experience preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of medical billing insurance preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Bilingual proficiency communication in English/Spanish required. Demonstrates ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Effective verbal and listening communication skills. Strong customer relations skills including the ability to manage stressful situations. Basic conflict resolution and de-escalation skills. Ability to work well in a customer-oriented team environment. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to perform administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing, faxing, scanning and copying. Able to analyze and apply data to improve performance. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Basic proficiency with 10-key. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.