Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is an evidence-based curriculum created by Stanford University and currently managed by The Self-Management Resource Center. We provide training for you to obtain a certification from the Self-Management Resource Center to provide Chronic Disease Self-Management workshops.
What you’ll do:
- Co-lead monthly workshops for YVFWC patients who are managing chronic disease as part of our Tomando Control de su Salud/ Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP).
- Provides Chronic Disease Self-Management classes online using Zoom for our patients.
- Workshops are designed to help participants learn strategies for managing their chronic conditions. Some of the topics covered are: weekly action plans, exercise, nutrition, communication skills, managing emotions, and problem solving.
- Group leaders will always co-facilitate with another leader. Training to become a certified CDSMP Group Leader is provided.
- The work schedule varies and is built around the dates and times of the workshops you co-lead. Workshops are held in the evenings; calls to recruit patients for the workshops can be flexible when you are available during the day or early evening.
- Your own experience with a chronic illness, or as a caregiver to a family member with chronic illness enables you to relate well to those impacted by chronic illness.
- Your experience as a volunteer or community information resource helps you communicate well with and engage our patients.
- You are experienced with using Zoom for communication with groups.
- You are comfortable with public speaking and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Speak Spanish and English fluently is a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.