YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Performs clinical duties related to the ordinary operations of the mail order pharmacy under the supervision of the Pharmacy Manager or Mail Order Pharmacist.
- Packages prescriptions to send to the pharmacies verifying correct medication, paperwork, and patient counseling instructions are provided.
- Maintains awareness of stock level and enters order for restocking based on defined minimum inventory levels. Verifies quantity and submits order to the Wholesaler.
- Verifies product orders received with invoice and purchase order. Places a sticker on each item and places it on the shelf.
- Monitors and checks expiration dates on drugs in stock.
- Returns or discards dispensed prescriptions to stock if they are returned by a pharmacy.
- Answers the phone, answers non-professional level inquiries and transfers calls to appropriate staff.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: 18 months of work history in a service, food production, manufacturing, or healthcare related industry.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Pharmacy Assistant state registration within 60 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Effective verbal and listening communication skills with a customer-oriented approach. Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to perform administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing, faxing, scanning and copying. Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Ability to organize work while performing multiple tasks requiring attention to detail. Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Proficiency in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software, Pharmacy Management software, automated filling software and/or Patient Communications Systems.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.