Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is looking for Certified Medical Assistants who are passionate about community health and working with underserved populations. We encourage you to explore the following links to see what we have to offer:
YVFWC is committed to delivering the highest quality of care. Here you will find health care professionals with sincere interest in our patients and the communities we represent. At YVFWC, we strive to make a difference in the health of the communities we serve.
What we offer:
- Sign-on bonus of $4,000 paid in your first paycheck and another $1,000 paid after 12 months of employment
- Additional pay for your bilingual skills
- Pay differential for qualifying shifts
- 100% employer-paid health insurance premium for full Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine coverage; profit sharing and retirement plans, 16 days paid time off in your first year plus 8 paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more
What you’ll do as a Certified Medical Assistant:
- Work in cooperation with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Maintain examination and treatment areas, including stocking, verifying good working order of equipment, removing expired supplies, and cleaning room after every patient visit.
- Administer medications within scope of certification.
- Prepare patients and assist with routine and specialty examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries, following sterile procedures maintaining meticulous sterile technique.
- Obtain specimens for microbiological testing, instructing patients in proper technique to collect specimens.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the clinic record.
- Seek to anticipate providers’ needs and assist as requested, and notify RN if more technical care is needed.
- Find teachable moments during routine care, delivering direct patient teaching and coaching.
- Incorporate high standards of infection control into all tasks.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED that is accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency approved by the US Department of Education.
- Graduation from a medical assisting training program (may be a one-year certificate/diploma program or a two-year Associate Degree program) that is accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). This training program must be comprised of at least 720 hours of medical assistant training, including at least 160 hours in a clinical externship.
- Medical Assistant Certification issued by the WA State Department of Health.
- CPR certification within 3 months of hire.
- One year or more of experience as a Certified Medical Assistant is preferred.
- You are fluent in English/Spanish and can score at level 10 on a Spanish language proficiency scale.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.