Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is looking for Certified Medical Assistants who are passionate about community health and working with underserved populations. We encourage you to explore the following links to see what we have to offer:
Family Medical Center in Walla Walla, WA is looking for customer centric, detail oriented Certified Medical Assistants to join our team. Pay starts at $19.22/hr and goes up based on experience. Sign-on bonus of $4,000.00 on first paycheck and $1,000.00 at 12 months of employment.
The medical team at Family Medical Center consists of 9 Providers along with supporting staff that includes Behavioral Health Consultants, Registered Dieticians Front Office Staff. As well as Pharmacy and Dental service lines to provide our patients true health integration between their health providers. Family Medical Center serves our community and everyone and anyone within it regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay. We also offer a Sliding Fee Discount to eligible patients. As a community health center we’re looking for a self-motivated individual who wants to give back and help their neighbors in a meaningful, compassionate way.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Has a positive outlook and sees the best in their patients
- Friendly and personable
- Customer service oriented
- A self-starter and team player
- Loves to work with children, adults and the elderly
What we offer:
- Sign-on bonus of $4,000.00 on first paycheck and $1,000.00 at 12 months of employment.
- $19.22/hr and up DOE
- Pay differential for qualifying shifts.
- Bilingual differential.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
What you’ll do as a Certified Medical Assistant:
- Work in cooperation with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Maintain examination and treatment areas, including stocking, verifying good working order of equipment, removing expired supplies, and cleaning room after every patient visit.
- Administer medications within scope of certification.
- Prepare patients and assist with routine and specialty examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries, following sterile procedures maintaining meticulous sterile technique.
- Obtain specimens for microbiological testing, instructing patients in proper technique to collect specimens.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the clinic record.
- Seek to anticipate providers’ needs and assist as requested, and notify RN if more technical care is needed.
- Find teachable moments during routine care, delivering direct patient teaching and coaching.
- Incorporate high standards of infection control into all tasks.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a medical assistant training program.
- Current MA-C credential issued by Washington State Department of Health or if in Pending status, Medical Assistant – Registered application must be submitted within 7 days of hire.
- CPR certification within 3 months of hire.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required with demonstrated ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.