Provides childcare services for parents enrolled in the Los Niños Bien Educados parenting program.
We are looking for a Childcare worker for our Spanish language parenting program Los Ninos Bien Educados. The job will be part-time, so you will only work 12 weeks in a year. You will only work 16 hours per week from October-November and from April-May. This position requires you to be bilingual as well since most of our parents only speak Spanish. In part the classes are from 5:00pm – 9:00pm.
What We Offer
- Prepares and maintains a clean and safe environment for children at rest, play, and study.
- Documents and reports any signs of abuse or neglect.
- Reads to children and assists with homework when needed.
- Provides and encourages social interactions amongst children.
- Provides care for young children and infants including diapering, feeding, and comforting as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Associate’s Degree in early childhood education preferred.
- Experience: Two years’ experience in childcare services or early childhood education preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/First Aid Certified.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. This position is not eligible for bilingual differential pay. Ability to understand, assess, and react effectively to the unique needs of children age 0 to 11. Skills in child supervision. Skills in problem-solving, sound judgement, and conflict resolution. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills with individuals and groups.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.