YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Oversight and responsibility for operations of assigned clinic site(s). This includes effectively managing staff and productivity and financial budgets, ensuring patient satisfaction targets are met and championing quality assurance programs.
This position is location in Prosser, Washington. We’re interested in all qualified candidates, including those outside the region who are open to relocating to the Prosser area.
What we offer
- Sign-on bonus of $10,000 in first paycheck and $1,000 at 12 months of employment.
- Relocation allowance available.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more
- Manages one or two service line clinics/stores (medical, dental, pharmacy), with 25 to 45 FTEs, 15,000 to 25,000 encounters, and an expense budget of $4-7 million.
- Responsible for the patient experience in all service lines at site(s) and achieving organizational goals for Patient Satisfaction.
- Responsible for achieving enrollment standards, patient quality metrics; patient access; and appropriate ED utilization as required by managed care organizations.
- Manages all workflows at the site, including the clinic billing process for all applicable service lines within the site.
- Exemplifies excellent customer relations with patients, visitors, and other employees. Addresses all patient complaints. Holds staff accountable for conformity to customer service policy and patient satisfaction.
- Partners with local healthcare leaders to develop a coordinated delivery system within the communities serviced by the clinic(s).
- Develops and maintains ties and/or networks in the local community for the purpose of promoting the mission of YVFWC.
- Recommends the establishment, expansion, modification or elimination of services, based on an understanding of community need, organizational capability and financial viability.
- Develops an annual encounter budget for all applicable service lines and is responsible for the achievement of the budget.
- Contributes to the creation of the site(s) financial budget and manages variances for all controllable budget line items.
- Develops and drives operational improvement and change management initiatives within the clinic(s). Leads the site leadership team in continuous improvement practices.
- Ensures compliance with Joint Commission, Meaningful Use, NCQA, UDS and local and state/federal regulations.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Leads and/or participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that respects diverse ideas, backgrounds and styles. Supports diversity through the selection, management, and retention of diverse employees. Creates, drives and maintains an employee engagement culture.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or similar.
- Experience: Three years of supervisory or leadership experience in a healthcare environment. With a Master’s Degree, one year is required. Healthcare Administrative Fellowships may count for up to two years’ experience based on the duration of the program.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of Washington and/or Oregon State Basic Health Plans. Knowledge of Community and Migrant Health Centers and primary healthcare services. Ability to problem solve, prioritize, and communicate effectively. Proficient with EPIC or other patient information system, Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of medical and/or dental office operations preferred. Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in Washington State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.