YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
The Clinical Support and Referral Specialist performs various administrative duties in a manner which promotes quality patient service. This position ensures referrals are documented and processed so that patients receive the care requested and proper documentation is completed.
- Maintains and updates reports and registries for the Patient Care Health Home (PCHH) team. Reviews registry data and ensures proper compliance with established workflows and procedures.
- Completes audits for invasive procedures and in-house labs. Audits other PCHH data and initiatives. Tracks all audits, providing documentation of audits as requested.
- Identifies and collects process improvement ideas and communicates them to the appropriate staff.
- Completes patient registration, verifying and updating insurance information.
- Works with patients and staff to ensure completion of Release of Information (ROI) forms. Sends subpoenas and court orders to the Health Information Management (HIM) department for processing.
- Sorts and distributes mail and faxes to the appropriate department or recipient.
- Provides Obstetrics (OB) support as needed to include running reports, maintaining the OB log, and providing consent forms and records to the hospital.
- Provides chart review support to Physician Assistants (PA) and Nurse Practitioners (NP) as needed. This includes forwarding the chart reviews to physicians and maintaining a chart review log.
- Manages, processes and tracks all referrals. Ensures forms needed in the referral process are completed.
- Manages various work queues daily to ensure timely processing and completion of referrals.
- Responds to all incoming calls, emails and faxes regarding referrals, ensuring proper action is taken and documentation is completed and linked to the referral.
- Sets up appointments where applicable and coordinates follow up between referral source and patient.
- Assists with patient insurance authorization, working with internal resources as needed.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Associates Degree or Certificate from an accredited technical school preferred.
- Experience: One year’s experience working in an office setting, preferably a medical or dental office. Two years’ experience in a medical or dental office preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with the public, providers and staff in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Electronic Medical Records (EMR), Word and Excel. Basic knowledge of medical terminology desired.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.