The Clinical Support Specialist supports the Patient Care Health Home (PCHH) staff and providers. Performs various administrative duties in a manner which promotes quality patient service.
What We Offer
- $17-$21/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- Maintains and updates reports and registries for the PCHH team. Responsible for all registry work to include outreach activities, scheduling and documentation. Reviews registry data and ensures proper compliance with established workflows and procedures.
- Completes audits for invasive procedures and in-house labs. Audits other PCHH data and initiatives. Tracks all audits, providing documentation of audits as requested.
- Identifies and collects process improvement ideas and communicates them to the appropriate staff.
- Works with patients and staff to ensure completion of Release of Information (ROI) forms. Sends subpoenas and court orders to the Health Information Management (HIM) department for processing.
- Sorts and distributes mail and faxes to the appropriate department or recipient.
- Provides Obstetrics (OB) support as needed to include running reports, maintaining the OB log, and providing consent forms and records to the hospital.
- Provides chart review support to Physician Assistants (PA) and Nurse Practitioners (NP) as needed. This includes forwarding the chart reviews to physicians and maintaining a chart review log.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Associates Degree or Certificate from an accredited technical school preferred.
- Experience: One year’s experience working in an office setting, preferably a medical or dental office. Two years’ experience working in a medical or dental office preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with patients, providers and staff in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Electronic Medical Records, Word and Excel. Basic knowledge of medical terminology desired.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.