Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
This position is located at our administrative office in Yakima, Washington. Relocation allowance is available. On-site is preferred but a hybrid on-site/remote work arrangement is an option if residing within driving distance of Yakima (within 5-6 hours’ drive) and the ability to work on-site in Yakima for one week every 4-6 weeks.
In collaboration with the Senior Director of Compensation, provides vision, leadership, strategic planning, and operational management for the Compensation team. Oversees the design and implementation of compensation programs including base salaries, bonus and incentive plans, Provider compensation, and Executive compensation. Collaborates with Leadership, Human Resources, C-Suite to ensure pay practices are internally equitable and externally competitive. This position requires the ability to travel periodically with possible overnight stays for YVFWC meetings and visits to other YVFWC locations.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary.
- Relocation allowance.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Staff Supervision
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that respects diverse ideas, backgrounds and styles. Supports diversity through the selection, management, and retention of diverse employees. Creates, drives and maintains an employee engagement culture.
- Compensation Program Operations
- Creates the design and development and oversees the implementation and administration of compensation structures including, base pay, short and long-term incentive plans, and bonus plans. Ensures these programs are internally equitable and externally competitive.
- Partners with outside consultants to regularly evaluate market placement for new and existing jobs. Analyzes survey data and labor market studies on an annual basis to evaluate the competitiveness of existing positions and recommend changes in salary structure as needed.
- Designs and implements strategic communication to ensure that HR, employees and leaders have a consistent understanding of the organization’s total compensation offerings.
- Creates and implements compensation policies, procedures, and practices that are compliant with organization policies and all government regulations.
- Maintains current knowledge on compensation trends. Provides insights, analysis, and recommendations that assist Leadership to make data driven decisions aligned to organizational strategies.
- Provider Compensation
- Collaborates with the Senior Provider Compensation Analyst in the administration of compensation strategies and plans designed to incentivize performance and align Provider compensation with group and organization goals. Participates in compensation program design, market analysis, and policy documentation.
- Compensation Analysis
- Ensure Pay Equity standards are complied with on an ongoing basis; conduct pay equity analysis every three years per statute.
- Design, implement and monitor YVFWC’s Total Rewards Program.
- Conduct periodic Internal Equity analysis.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other equivalent degree. An Associate’s Degree plus 2 additional years of experience may be substituted for a degree. Master’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration is preferred.
- Required Experience: 5 years’ experience with increasing responsibility in compensation, this includes 1 years’ experience with supervising or leading a team, and/or experience in finance, accounting, mathematics, statistics.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates:
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- Advanced Certified Compensation Professional (ACCP) preferred.
- Certified Executive Compensation Professional (CECP) preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Society for Human Resource Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of compensation plans and program design and administration.
- Extensive knowledge of executive and incentive compensation design and administration.
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and technologies.
- Ability to create and implement strategy that aligns with organization goals.
- Ability to move seamlessly from strategy to tactics and effectively execute a plan.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent priorities and projects.
- Ability to provide vision and leadership for the functional department and organization.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a department and a team.
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to manage stressful situations and ambiguity.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility at all organizational levels.
- Strong skills in problem-solving, sound judgement and conflict resolution.
- Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and an HRIS system.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.