YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
The person in this position assists the Dental Provider at chair side. In addition, the Dental Assistant greets patients and prepares them for treatment.
$3,200.00 sign-on bonus paid in your first paycheck and another $800.00 paid in 12 months.
- Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical history and vital signs as needed.
- Conducts complete patient X-ray procedure including panoramic and cephalometric radiographs, and intra oral photographs. Develops and stores the X-Rays in the electronic patient’s dental record.
- Sets up and records periodontal charting per Provider’s instruction.
- Prepares and sets up instruments and equipment necessary for the patient exam performed by the Provider.
- Mixes materials needed for the exam with awareness of infection control and cross contamination.
- Performs preventative periodontal care on patients including the application of coronal polish, fluoride treatments, and sealants.
- Starts and monitors nitrous oxide analgesia as necessary under the direct supervision of the Provider. (Only in Washington),
- Provides education and counsel in oral hygiene for patients in the clinic and Mobile Unit school based programs.
- Assists in implementing and monitoring the patient infection control program for the clinic, including ensuring the integrity of sterile packaging, sterilizing instruments/equipment, and cleaning autoclaves and operatories.
- May assist in Orthodontics including; obtaining patient records, bite registrations, patient models, fabricating orthodontic retainers, and placing/removing ligature ties.
- May perform Lead duties by maintaining the daily flow of the department and acting as a liaison between line staff and the direct supervisor. Manages breaks, lunches, sick calls and overtime. Provides insights to leader regarding the skill level and performance of the employees. Responsible for providing training to new employees and existing staff when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: CPR certification within 90 days of employment. BLS (Basic Life Support) certification within 90 days of employment preferred. Registration as a Surgical Technologist if assisting a Dentist in the operating room. Registration as a Dental Assistant or EFDA certification. NOTE: Dental Assistants who have not received their Dental Assistant registration from the State of Washington will not be allowed to perform the Essential Functions of the job until it is received. Prior to this time, a Dental Assistant will be allowed to observe patient care and assist with paperwork and receptionist roles only. Dental Assistant Registration must be completed within 7 days of hire unless specifically approved by the Clinic Administrator.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Basic knowledge of medical/dental terminology and dental anatomy. Basic knowledge of dental materials and instruments. Basic knowledge of infection control techniques. Basic knowledge of oral health care instruction. Ability to perform four-handed dental assisting including instrument transfer, oral evacuation, cement mixing, and spatulation. Strong level of manual dexterity and coordination. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients of all ages, and employees in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including an Electronic Dental Record (EDR), Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.