Applicants for all positions will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID 19 during the hiring process. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered, but serial COVID testing will be required to maintain employment.
This position works closely with the Clinic Administrator and the Director of Dental Administrative Services to integrate departments and complete assigned tasks. Provides leadership to dental department support staff to promote excellent customer service to patients and Providers. Works closely with the Clinic Administrator and Dental Providers to assure the efficient operation of the dental clinic. Provides support and assistance to the Dental Providers during outpatient office procedures.
- Coaches, mentors, and trains direct report staff. Assesses competencies of staff, provides continuous performance management, and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of dental support staff. Participates in the recruitment and selection of the Hygienist and Dentist positions. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that supports diverse ideas, backgrounds, and styles. Supports diversity through the selection, management, and retention of diverse employees. Creates, drives, and maintains an employee engagement culture.
- Plans and manages the daily functions of the Dental Department. Delegates, assigns, and coordinates work, ensuring an efficient workflow that achieves the departmental mission and objectives. Ensures on-going coverage is provided for all support staff, filling in as needed.
- Manages Provider schedules to ensure scheduling guidelines are followed, schedule is full, and daily targets are met.
- Reviews and monitors various reports and work ques in the Epic system to include sliding fee eligibility and utilization as well as registry and recall follow up.
- Manages telephone service factor on a daily basis.
- Manages AIDET patient communication surveys, compiles communicates results, and makes any process or procedure changes necessary to implement identified improvements.
- Manages the process for all Release of Information (ROI) requests. Coordinates with Risk Management regarding healthcare information to be provided prior to release.
- Prepares various reports for leadership as requested and ensures the daily reconciliation reports for the Accounting and Billing Departments are completed and forwarded in accordance with established procedures.
- Monitors staff compliance with all policies, procedures, and standards of Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC).
- May assist Dentist with charting, procedures, X-rays, and materials mixing in accordance with generally accepted dental practices.
- Keeps track of accounts payable documentation such as purchase orders, invoices, check requests, and supply orders. Forwards documents to the Clinic Administrator for approval and signature.
- Conducts a variety of generalized administrative tasks and acts as the primary office contact for fielding questions with other departments such as Information Services related issues.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Associate of Arts Degree or 2 years equivalent experience in a business related field preferred. High School Diploma/GED required.
- Experience:Five years’ experience in a dental office (front or back) and/or medical office (front) required. Bachelor’s Degree may substitute for 4 years of the required experience. Associate’s Degree may substitute for 2 years of the required experience. One year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration:EFDA (Expanded Functions Dental Assistant) certification within 90 days of employment preferred. Dental Assisting National Board of Radiology Proficiency preferred. All employees, CPR certification within 3 months of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Demonstrates the ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Knowledge of established infection control techniques, concepts, and principles of practice. Knowledge of medical and dental and terminology, dental anatomy, dental materials, and instruments preferred. Knowledge of medical records management preferred. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients, patients’ families, and employees in a professional manner. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Electronic Dental Record (EDR), Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.