Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Sign-on bonus of $7,500.00 on first paycheck.
The principle function of the Dental Hygienist is to provide preventative and expanded function periodontal treatment to patients.
- Maintains patient medical records, updating patient medical history and vital signs as needed.
- Conducts complete patient X-ray procedure including taking, developing and storing the X-Rays as necessary.
- Completes periodontal charting as directed.
- Prepares tools and equipment necessary for the Provider and assists Provider with the exams as necessary.
- Performs preventative periodontal care on patients including scaling, prophylaxis, root planing, and the application of preventative agents and sealants.
- Performs expanded functions including placing and carving amalgam and composite restorations, application of cavity liners, and placement/removal of temporary crowns.
- Administers local anesthesia and nitrous oxide analgesia as necessary.
- Provides education and counsel for patients in oral hygiene. Formulates dental hygiene treatment plans for patients, consulting the provider as needed.
- Participates in the clinic’s infection control program, including sterilization of instruments and cleaning of operatories as needed. Provides input to the Dental Leadership team to assist in the development of goals and methods to increase efficiency of the Dental Clinic as needed.
- May participate in the development, implementation, and coordination of dental education programs provided inside and outside the organization.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with TJC, HRSA and org requirements.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Graduation from a Dental Hygiene school. Successful completion of Western Regional Examining Board (WREB) of equivalent exam.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Dental Hygiene license for the state of practice. CPR certification within 90 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of standard dental practices and current hygiene concepts. Knowledge of and skilled in the delivery of dental anesthetic. Knowledge of and skilled in placing restorations. Ability to effectively assess, adapt and interact with a variety of patients of all ages, and employees in a professional manner. Ability to effectively manage one’s time, schedule, and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently, appropriately, and within required timelines. High level of dexterity and coordination. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Electronic Dental Records, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.