YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Assists patients/clients and supports staff and Providers. Performs various administrative and clerical duties in a manner which promotes quality service.
This is a Relief (on-call) position, utilized as-needed with no guarantee of hours.
- Answers the phone, transfers calls and takes messages as needed for the clinic.
- Greets patients and maintains patient and visitor log. Notifies appropriate person of the patient’s arrival. Provides translation services as needed to patients.
- Ensures accurate and complete data and forms are collected for all patients. Creates and maintains patient charts, registers new patients and updates patient data in the computer.
- Schedules patient appointments according to scheduling guidelines, appointment type, and time needed. Notifies appropriate Provider of all patient no-shows and cancellations. Adjusts and updates the schedule for cancellations, new patients and recall appointments.
- Verifies patient’s insurance eligibility and obtains and files insurance documentation. Assists patients with questions regarding insurance plans as needed.
- Reviews and responds to patients’ questions in person, via phone, and patient portal systems.
- Performs routine billing functions such as posting patient encounters, billing insurance companies, encouraging payment, taking payments and generating end-of-day reports.
- Reviews cash box receipts and reconciles cash box daily.
- Manages the Referral Process, working on referrals from inception through completion.
- Manages the recall process to include follow-up communication to patients for routine preventative care, treatment plan completion, and other appointments as needed.
- Ensures that clinic generated documents are sent to the Health Information department and office related clinic documents are filed in the patient’s record.
- Creates treatment plan estimates, reviews estimates with the patient, and collects upfront fees.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year’s experience in a clinic, optometry or dental office preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to communicate in writing and verbally at a level 9 on the language proficiency scale for English/Spanish is required. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to interact with patients, Providers and staff in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Basic knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare billing insurance preferred. Ability to deliver outstanding customer service.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.