HPSA Score for Primary Care: 18
At Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, we believe you are more than a doctor, and we are more than a job. As an FQHC, we are a patient-centered medical home dedicated to serving our communities. Taking care of a patient’s health means caring for them with compassion. We treat our patients the way they want to be treated, regardless of where they live, where they are from, or what they can pay. Our doors are open to all, regardless of their citizenship status.
As part of Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, Children’s Village is a unique vision that became a reality from key community organizations and dedicated volunteers. With over 30 specialized services provided, families no longer have to travel long distances for pediatric subspecialty care. At Children’s Village, we believe in interdisciplinary care and work collaboratively with numerous clinical partners, including:
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Early Intervention/ESIT
- Behavioral Assessment/Treatment Team
For more information on Children’s Village, we encourage you to explore this link: Children’s Village
Yakima County is the fruit basket of Washington and offers livelihood to many families with the abundance of its harvest. The harvest includes the nation’s leading export of hops and exports in apples, grapes, cherries, and asparagus. The Yakima Valley is also home to many breweries, wineries, and cider houses. The abundance of agriculture contributes to the livelihood of our migrant farmworkers, warehouse workers, transportation industry, food industry, sustainability in farm-to-table programs, and more. Healthy communities are needed to produce these services. In addition, Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is dedicated to ensuring we are available to keep our communities healthy, educated, and informed of our services.
We are who we are because of our migrant farmworkers. These short clips share a glimpse of the dedication of the YVFWC programs and medical services to the larger community, our health, and our families:
Who we are looking for:
- A Developmental Behavior Pediatrician passionate about providing specialty healthcare as a part of a team to children/youth with special healthcare needs
- A healthcare professional committed to working with underserved patient populations
- New Graduate? Make your resume stand out by listing all clinical rotations and your experience in community health or with underserved patient populations.
- Proudly serving a largely migrant and Latino community
- 1.0 FTE
- EMR system is EPIC
- Clinic Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday – Sunday CLOSED
- $243k annual compensation
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance – ask for details!
- Hiring bonus of $30k
- Relocation allowance of $20k
- Malpractice insurance coverage (no tail coverage policy needed)
- Visa assistance- J1Waiver and H1B
- 4-week Medical Spanish Immersion Program in Xayla, Guatemala
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits at no out-of-pocket cost to employees
- Great personal leave time
- 8 holidays per year
- $3,700 annual CME allowance with 5 days (40 hours) of CME time
- Profit-sharing plan 401a
- 2 retirement plans -403b and 457b
- Automatic life insurance policy
- Employee assistance program
To be considered for this position, you must complete an ACGME/AOA-accredited Pediatric Residency program.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic has changed since we first opened in 1973. We’ve grown into one of the largest community health centers in the Northwest, with over 40 clinics in 18 communities across Washington and Oregon. But we haven’t forgotten the most important reason we’re here: you.
At Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal-opportunity employment.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information about this opportunity!