Join our team as an Epic Business Intelligence Analyst (Product Owner) and help transform healthcare delivery. As a key player in our organization, you’ll create innovative enterprise business intelligence tools that empower our business partners to provide top-quality patient care while controlling costs. You’ll collaborate with stakeholders to understand their BI needs, translate those requirements into technical solutions, and lead testing efforts. Your expertise in Epic, Microsoft, SAP, and Tableau Reporting and Analytic Tools will be crucial as you develop data solutions and analytics. In addition to your technical prowess, your ability to build relationships, manage multiple priorities, and lead teams will be invaluable in this role. If you’re passionate about healthcare, data, and technology, apply now and be part of our journey to improve healthcare through data-driven insights and innovation.
This position requires experience specific to Epic EMR clinical environments, healthcare operations, and/or revenue cycle.
This is a remote position. Candidates must reside in one of these U.S. states: WA, OR, CA, AZ, CO, TX, IL, IN, WI, MA, MD, VA, NC, GA, FL.
What We Offer
- Salary $103,000 – $142,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Meets with stakeholders to determine business intelligence needs.
- Translates business requirements into technical specifications and develops test plans.
- Designs, documents, configures, develops, tests, and maintains data solutions using a variety of data models, software, applications, and programming languages.
- Leads internal testing and manages external data validation efforts, through development and execution of thorough test scripts.
- Creates training materials leads training sessions on BI tools and consults business partners on development of training materials.
- Manages and executes BI Application and Epic system configuration activities.
- Supports the development of business unit data and IT solutions.
- Collaborates with Stakeholders, BI Developer, BI Architect, Application Analysts, and end users to ensure application system design and development support business intelligence needs.
- Creates and maintains standards for story writing, customer facing specifications, and project portfolio management.
- Contributes to continuous improvement efforts of the BI Team by leading team meetings and participating in Community of Practice meetings and retrospectives.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and/or installs equipment or software.
- Evaluates, researches, and recommends equipment and/or software maintenance and upgrades.
- Documents incoming technical support calls and project work efforts into tracking database to ensure timely resolution.
- Defines and prioritizes a product roadmap based on input from external stakeholders.
- May perform duties as a Product Owner that include gaining an understanding of executives and business leaders’ needs and developing and managing a BI and analytics product roadmap. Writes user stories and maintains story backlog ensuring Sprints are ready. Reports progress statuses and provides predicted completion dates. Ensures solutions meet success criteria of user stories. Consults Scrum Master on process improvement efforts.
- May perform duties as a Scrum Master which include leading scrum rituals, monitoring team health metrics, promoting automation, and eliminating obstacles so that tasks may be completed, and goals achieved. Evaluates capacity for new requests in collaboration with the product owner of the roadmap.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education & Experience:
- With a Bachelor’s Degree in the Sciences, Technology, Math, Engineering, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, or Business Administration, 7 years of experience in Reporting, Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Applications Support in a healthcare setting.
- With an Associate’s Degree, 9 years of experience in Reporting, Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Applications Support in a healthcare setting.
- With a High School Diploma/GED, 11 years of experience in Reporting, Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Applications Support in a healthcare setting.
- Of total healthcare reporting/BI experience, at least 2 years must be with Epic EMR clinical environments, healthcare operations, and/or revenue cycle.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Multiple Epic Certificate Training Statuses may be required, or ability to acquire multiple Epic Certificate Training Statuses within 120 days of hire. Certified Scrum Product Owner or Scrum Master preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of Epic, Microsoft, SAP, and Tableau Reporting and Analytic Tools. Knowledge of relational and dimensional data models, especially Epic Cogito. Knowledge of Value Based Care, clinical operations and/or revenue cycle operations. Knowledge of Agile Software Delivery, Scrum preferred. Knowledge of Data Quality and Data Governance Principles and Practices. Ability to gather requirements. Ability to document clinical and business processes and procedures. Ability to design, build, and execute comprehensive workflow-based test plans and scripts. Ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent priorities. Ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility at all organizational levels. Ability to lead large groups to make key decisions and complete projects. Effective project management capability throughout the project lifecycle of planning, organizing, managing, and finalizing outcomes. Ability to analyze complex data and communicate observations in a simplified manner. Strong analytical and decision making skills to be able to assess the root cause of an issue and determine an optimal solution. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills for use at all corporate levels. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to work independently to fulfill job duties with minimal supervision. Ability to come up to speed quickly on new reporting, data applications and data models as needed.
Product Owner only:
– Proficiency in product delivery and strategy creation.
– Proficiency in creating a product roadmap and related stories based on input from external stakeholders.
Scrum Master only:
– Ability to lead continuous improvement efforts.
– Ability to coach, organize and facilitate teams.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.