YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Responsible for Epic training department, including managing development and delivery of all Epic training curriculum, environments and classes for all Epic implementations. Oversees coordinating implementation training schedules and access and build of training facilities during implementations. Identifies, manages and schedules any ongoing enhancement, workflow change, and remedial training needed across all application users.
This is a remote position, however you must reside within a 3-hour drive of any of our clinic locations in Washington State or Oregon. Relocation allowance is available for those outside of the area who are open to relocating to Western Oregon or South Central Washington State.
The position also requires the ability to travel to remote clinic sites, sometimes with overnight stays, and the ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
What we offer
- Salary $77,000 – $100,000 DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- Relocation allowance is available.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Works closely with the Director, Application Operations, Epic to craft a vision for the Epic training plan.
- Designs, develops, and facilitates the deployment of the Epic training curriculum.
- Integrates operational workflow considerations into the training development plan.
- Periodically conduct analysis to identify learning needs and outcomes.
- Is familiar with e-learning, web based, and synchronous/asynchronous learning content (i.e. Healthstream).
- Oversees the build and maintenance of Epic training environments.
- Collaborates with Epic application teams to ensure Epic training environment is kept refreshed and current.
- Works with operational leadership in implementation markets to ensure appropriate training attendance.
- Manages the hiring, securing and on-boarding of market-based implementation Credentialed Trainers.
- Collaborates with market-based education departments to provide train-the-trainer programs.
- Manage team of Instructional Designers, Local Learning Leads and Training Coordinators.
- Develops, implements, and maintains assigned Epic application training program(s).
- Masters assigned Epic application(s) and understands other Epic applications.
- Provides training and credentialing to increase the number of Credentialed Trainers for end-user instruction, while ensuring trainer and materials quality.
- Trains newly hired staff who require Epic access.
- Coordinates new software and software update trainings.
- Assists in the development and communication of training schedules.
- Delivers and grades End User Proficiency Assessments (EUPA).
- Communicates Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) clinical operational needs to Epic contacts and receives program design and problem solutions from contacts.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business Administration, or a Healthcare field. Or an Associate degree and 7 years; or high school/GED and 9 years directly related experience.
- Experience: 5 years of experience that includes: 3 years’ experience in corporate training and/or adult education, 2 of which are in the healthcare industry; and 2 years’ experience using Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software. At least 3 years of experience supervising training department staff. Experience with Epic EMR preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: One or more Epic certification/proficiency required; or ability to acquire certification within 90 days of employment. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Ability to attend a series of Training, Environments, and Documentation (TED) courses for principal trainers. Knowledge of adult educational theory. Intermediate proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint, Camtasia or Captivate, and Zoom. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills with individuals and groups. Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills. Knowledge of clinical operations work-flow.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment