Hiring now for our new dental clinic in Portland! Work full or part time. Clinic hours are Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 6:30pm. Full time Dental Assistants work 4 10-hour days. Relocation assistance is available!
This position is more than just a job, it is an opportunity to do what you enjoy and play a vital role in changing the lives of our patients. We care about our employees and understand the hard work that goes into providing the best patient care. You will receive the training and support you need to do your job well. Working as part of the team of dentists, hygienists and front office staff, you will help provide a safe, clean, and comfortable patient care environment.
What we offer:
- Sign-on bonus for full time employees of $4,000 on first paycheck and $2,000 at 12 months of employment
- Up to $5,000 in relocation assistance
- $26.00 – $28.40/hour, DOE
- An additional 4% pay for your bilingual skills
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Documenting and maintaining patient electronic dental records, updating patients’ dental and medical history and vital signs.
- Completing patient X-ray procedures including panoramic and individual images.
- Preparing and recording periodontal charting with the provider’s instruction.
- Preparing and setting up instruments and equipment necessary for patient care, and assisting the dental provider in treatment.
- Mixing impression materials and taking alginate impressions, temporary crown molds, pouring and finishing diagnostic models.
- Preparing and monitoring nitrous oxide analgesia as necessary under the direct supervision of the Provider.
- Helping with preventative care with patients, including providing oral hygiene instructions, polishing, fluoride treatments, silver diamine fluoride, and sealants.
- Assisting in implementing and monitoring infection control for the clinic, including ensuring the integrity of sterile packaging, sterilizing instruments/equipment, and cleaning autoclaves and operatories.
- Performing clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: EFDA certification within 90 days of employment required. CPR certification within 90 days of employment. BLS (Basic Life Support) certification within 90 days of employment preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Basic knowledge of medical/dental terminology and dental anatomy. Basic knowledge of dental materials and instruments. Basic knowledge of infection control techniques. Basic knowledge of oral health care instruction. Ability to perform four-handed dental assisting including instrument transfer, oral evacuation, cement mixing, and spatulation. Strong level of manual dexterity and coordination. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients of all ages, and employees in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including an Electronic Dental Record (EDR), Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal-opportunity employment.