Are you looking for an opportunity to earn extra income working part-time, when needed? Do you want to build relationships that could lead to a position with regular hours and benefits? Then we need you on our dental team at Lancaster Family Health at Salem!
What We Offer
- $24.24-$26.72/hour DOE
- Additional pay for your bilingual skills
What you’ll do:
- Bilingual English-Spanish EFDAs fill an important role on our team
- Assist dentists at chair side, greet patients, and prepare them for treatment
- Keep the office running smoothly by making sure the dental department is stocked and clean, and equipment is properly sterilized and in good working order
- Work when needed during clinic hours Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm; no weekends, evenings, or holidays
- Dental Assisting National Board of Radiology Proficiency
- Oregon EFDA (Expanded Functions Dental Assistant) certification required within 90 days of hire date
- CPR certification within 30 days of hire date
- Your 1-2 years’ experience as a dental assistant is a plus
- High school diploma or GED
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.