Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Manages and coordinates the entire construction process from bidding through one-year warranty to ensure Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) facilities are built and perform as designed. Performs constructability reviews of schematic design, design development, and construction document drawing sets for major projects. Coordinates the installation of YVFWC systems to ensure proper integration within the facilities. Serves as project manager for designated projects. Provides cost analysis reviews for projects.
- Manages all phases of construction, remodel, and Corporate Administration Group (CAG) Project Requests.
- Prepares, reviews, administers, and maintains construction and project documents to ensure cost, schedule, safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Oversees construction bidding and contracts.
- Administers construction contracts by developing and managing project schedules, costs, and changes to the construction contract.
- Maintains project documents including change orders, proposal requests, shop drawings, submittals, to monitor compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations.
- Performs on-site inspections and maintains field notes.
- Observes field testing and commissioning activities for compliance.
- Manages building requirements to meet environmental and energy standards in LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Construction.
- Manages building commissioning, punch list, and warranty issues.
- Manages vendors, YVFWC staff, and support services departments during construction, remodel, and CAG projects.
- Coordinates and schedules multiple construction projects with the CAG Projects Team.
- Participates in the management of facility systems installations, repairs, and upgrades.
- Participates in annual facilities assessments to determine future projects.
- Maintains the Facilities’ document library, project work logs, and status logs.
- Works with departments and vendors to ensure a coordinated and efficient completion of project deliverables within the prescribed time frame and budgetary parameters.
- Oversees activities of outside contractors, including project management, record management, and scheduling support.
- Communicates with YVFWC departments, staff, and outside contractors and vendors regarding project status and deliverables.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or Engineering. Four years’ additional work experience in construction management, architecture, or engineering may be substituted for required education.
- Experience: Four years’ experience in the field of general contracting or construction project management.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Professional Engineer, General Contractor’s license, or Construction Management Certification preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of construction project planning and management. Knowledge of building design, construction, and building commissioning. Ability to create and maintain a construction project budget and schedule. Ability to analyze problems, utilize resources, and effectively resolve design and construction issues. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Basic proficiency using AutoCAD and Project Management applications.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.