YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series. The organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Sollus Northwest Family Nurse Practitioner Residency
If you are a recent Family Nurse Practitioner graduate and looking for additional mentoring and guidance in your first year in practice, consider joining Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic’s Sollus Northwest Family Nurse Practitioner Residency program. Our program is a year-long residency allowing new nurse practitioners to hone their clinical skills in a guided, structured, and supportive manner.
We are a Patient-Centered Medical Home passionate about providing high-quality and comprehensive care. Our team-based approach to patient care means you are part of a care team passionate about working in community health. You will have the chance to develop and cultivate patient relationships through the management of your patient panel.
For more information about the program and application, visit our program page here.
What We’re Looking For
- A recent Family Nurse Practitioner graduate completing schooling on or after March 1, 2022 (18 months prior to the program start)
- A healthcare professional passionate about community health and family medicine
- A healthcare professional committed to working with underserved patient populations
- Make your resume stand out by listing all clinical rotations and your experience in community health or with underserved patient populations
The Residency Program Includes
- Precepted Continuity Clinic – you will build your panel of patients while having the support and guidance of an experienced provider dedicated to you during these sessions
- Specialty Rotations – you will enhance your skills in various specialties including cardiology, women’s health, pediatrics, dermatology, podiatry, and more
- Mentored Clinics – you will work with an experienced provider seeing patients at the delegation of the preceptor. Mentored clinics give you an opportunity for continued learning and to see how other providers manage their workflows
- Weekly Didactic Sessions – continued learning through live, web-based sessions and a varied Lunch and Learn program put on by your preceptors.
What We Offer
- Salary of $91,842/year with an additional stipend for Continuing Education
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more
- Relocation assistance of up to $6,600
- Structured orientation and twelve-month ramp-up schedule
- Committed preceptorship throughout the residency
How To Apply
- Online application
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal Statement including responses to the following questions:
- What experiences have led you to choose nursing as a profession and the role of a family nurse practitioner as a specialty practice?
- What are the goals you are looking to accomplish during your residency? Please identify specific areas of interest by lifecycle, age, or setting that you would like to develop increased mastery, competency, or confidence in.
- Tell us about the patient population you want to provide care for and why. Perhaps you can share about your experience working with underserved and vulnerable populations.
- Can you tell us how you relate to the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Mission Statement?
- Where do you see yourself post-residency?
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (one academic, one professional, and one of your choice). Please address the letter to Sollus NW FNP Residency Program Selection Committee.
- Official MSN or DNP transcript(s)
Note: Transcripts and letters of recommendation MUST either be emailed from your university/letter writer to NPResidency@yvfwc.org or sealed with the school’s seal/letter writer’s signature and mailed to:
Sollus NW Family Nurse Practitioner Residency Program
601 North Keys Road
Yakima, WA 98901
December 1, 2022 – Application opens
February 17, 2023 – Application Deadline
September 11, 2023 – Residency program starts
Contact us at NPResidency@yvfwc.org for more information about this opportunity!
Where We Are Located
Joining YVFWC means you will have the added benefit of living in the Pacific Northwest, where you can enjoy spectacular wilderness areas and crystal-clear lakes and rivers. You can enjoy fine Northwest wines and a spectacular selection of fruits and vegetables. You will also be within an easy drive to a growing metropolitan area, offering fine dining and shopping, theaters, museums, and elite universities.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.