Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Oversees the daily operation of all clinic practice management services including scheduling, reception, clinical support and referral management. Manages and implements policies and processes to ensure compliance with the standards of the organization and various regulatory agencies.
What We Offer:
- $25 – $32/hour DOE.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Bilingual differential with passing score on ALTA language scale (bilingual English/Spanish is preferred but not required)
- Plans and manages the daily functions of the clinic front office.
- Formulates and implements policies, procedures, and processes that meet the standards and requirements of the organization and various regulatory agencies.
- Manages provider schedules to ensure correct appointment type is assigned, schedule is full, and daily targets are met. Verifies and adjusts schedule when providers are not available.
- Maintains and books appointments for the Credit Manager and Behavioral Health Consultant.
- Monitors the patient record filing system and ensures accurate and complete data is collected for all patients. Provides feedback and instruction to staff to ensure accuracy of patient files.
- Develops and coordinates quality assurance activities for the front office. Coordinates patient file audits/reviews to comply with standards from The Joint Commission (TJC), Federal, State, and local regulations. Performs various audits to include Cash Box reconciliations and MyChart Proxy.
- Reviews and monitors various reports from the Epic system including sliding fee eligibility and utilization, registry follow up, and patient wellness follow up.
- Monitors daily work queues for clinic staff to ensure productivity, identify issues and allocates workload.
- Manages AIDET patient communication surveys, compiles and communicates results, and makes any process or procedure changes necessary to improve results. Also manages TSF and Arcadia Tracking on a daily basis.
- Manages the processing of all Release of Information requests. Coordinates with Risk Management regarding the healthcare information to be provided prior to the release.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Assesses competencies of staff, provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Creates and maintains an inclusive work environment that supports diverse ideas, backgrounds and styles. Supports diversity through the selection, management, and retention of diverse employees. Creates, drives and maintains an employee engagement culture.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Associate’s Degree preferably in business or healthcare preferred.
- Experience: 5 years’ experience in healthcare required. Associate’s Degree may substitute 2 years’ experience. Bachelor’s Degree may substitute 4 years’ experience. One year’s supervisory experience managing employees and administering policies preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Word, Excel, and EPIC preferred. Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to effectively manage employees and administer clinic policies. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced primary care environment. Knowledge of medical terminology is required. Knowledge of Patient Benefits Coordination preferred. English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred but not required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.