YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Provides instruction to participants that promotes healthy everyday living. Creates and implements curriculum and instruction to meet the needs of the participants.
- Creates curriculum that utilizes theories and models of health promotion and incorporates multicultural diversity and social justice concepts and principles to provide health education to individuals.
- Adapts the curriculum to fit the needs of the target audience and community.
- Creates lesson plans and ensures instruction flow is planned, presented, and paced effectively for participants. Maintains accurate records and documentation.
- Implements ecological approach that addresses both individual and environmental influences on health.
- Provides participants with opportunities to set goals, make plans, and reflect on learning.
- Provides activities that support active engagement and encourages and supports participants in building new skills.
- Uses participant feedback to improve instruction and create an engaging class. Creates plans for improvement based on pilot tests, youth and adult assessments, and stakeholder feedback.
- Designs written and electronic educational materials and videos. Contributes content to the organization’s website, social media, and newsletters.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive, multi-disciplinary approach to health education within the community (i.e., SNAP-Ed Services at local Farmers Markets, local schools, and chamber of commerce).
- Assists with designing, planning, and implementing evidence-based and cost effective strategies, policies, programs, and services.
- Assists with setting measurable program objectives.
- Assists with conducting needs assessments and analyzing data to assist in designing and improving program outcomes, such as focus groups, surveys, and assessment tools as needed.
- Selects priority instructional issues based on needs assessment results.
- Monitors and assesses programs for student learning outcomes, individual health status and behavior changes, and overall community health.
- Assists with developing and implementing improvement plans for the program based on outcomes.
- Provides accurate monthly reporting based on the evaluation plan (data entry, surveys, written narrative reports, process evaluation, success stories, etc.).
- Communicates with families and participants about health and/or basic education progress.
- Ensures program, instruction, and activities maintain compliance with Federal, State, and County requirements and deliverables.
- Assists with developing and delivering presentations, workshops, training, and outreach events based on the principles of health promotion, healthy lifestyle choices, risk reduction and prevention, and/ or relevant subjects.
- Participates in activities at YVFWC and other partner events to share program information and/or provide activities.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Associate’s Degree in a health related field preferred.
- Experience: Two years’ experience working with adults and/or youth in a classroom setting or in a health promotion related field. Experience working in health and nutrition preferred. Experience presenting information and teaching classes to small groups preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or eligible to become certified preferred. First Aid/CPR certification within 90 days of employment. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Knowledge of human service programs. Ability to develop lesson plans. Ability to effectively manage a classroom and students. Effective facilitation and presentation skills. Ability to develop effective working relationships with clients, social service providers, and partners. Ability to successfully work with individuals from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, and educational backgrounds. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills with individuals and groups. Strong organizational skills. Ability to work independently. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency with virtual platforms including Google Classroom, Google Meets, and Zoom.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.