Are you looking for an opportunity to expand your hygienist career? Are you passionate about making a difference in the health of children? If this describes you, we invite you apply to join our pediatric medical team as a Community Dental Health Coordinator.
In this role, you will partner with the medical team to promote oral health education and provide oral health assessments for our pediatric patients during their medical appointments. You will also facilitate care coordination between our pediatric medical and dental practices.
Work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Relocation assistance available.
What We Offer:
- $34-42/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- Additional 4% pay for your bilingual skills.
- Relocation assistance.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct oral health assessments for pediatric patients, identifying risk factors and areas of concern.
- Develop and implement individualized oral health education plans for patients and their families.
- Collaborate with medical and dental providers, and other health care professionals to support oral health in our patient populations.
- Education: Graduation from a Dental Hygiene school. Successful completion of the American Dental Association Community Dental Health Coordinator (ADA CDHC) curriculum and internship program. Successful completion of the Western Regional Examining Board (WREB) or equivalent exam.
- Experience: One year’s experience as a Dental Hygienist.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: WA Dental Hygiene License. CPR Certification within 90 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Knowledge of established hygiene concepts. Knowledge of medical/emergency procedures. Knowledge of and skilled in the delivery of dental anesthetic. Knowledge of and skilled in placing restorations. Ability to effectively assess, adapt and interact with a variety of patients of all ages. High level of dexterity and coordination. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to manage patient fears and apprehensions. Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.