The Information Services (IS) Systems Technician performs installation, maintenance, repair and wiring of various workstations, peripherals, telecommunications, and general technology related equipment. This position conducts on-site support including analysis, diagnosis and solutions for hardware and software problems. Utilizes various problem-solving tactics in order to create and implement corrective solutions.
What We Offer
- $22-$27/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Provides front line support of technology to staff. Services may include, setup, configuration, installation, trouble shooting and general maintenance of computers, phones, printers, video conferencing, and other technical equipment.
- Analyzes, diagnoses and resolves computer equipment malfunctions and software problems on workstations.
- Analyzes and resolves problems with technology related to peripherals including phones, printers, keyboards, and integrated hardware.
- Assists users with technical problems and partners with them to find alternative or temporary solutions when not able to meet the immediate need.
- Maintains detailed documentation for equipment inventory and software installation/maintenance and enters this information in the appropriate system.
- Actively participates in the department strategic planning process.
- This position requires the ability to travel long distances by automobile to remote locations for support purposes of YVFWC sites as needed or assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED). Certification of completion from a vocational or technical school preferred.
- Experience: Two years’ experience providing technological or desktop support preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of installation and troubleshooting techniques for hardware, peripheral and software applications. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all corporate levels. Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to deliver outstanding customer service. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.