Directs programs and work designed to maintain a clean and safe environment for the public and staff on the grounds of the clinic sites year around. Supervises those conducting maintenance and cleaning duties of buildings, grounds and specified equipment.
What We Offer
- $26-$32/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more
- Ensures that assigned buildings, grounds, and other designated areas are properly serviced and maintained in accordance with established guidelines.
- Ensures specified equipment items are properly serviced and maintained; including the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) units and Maintenance Department vehicles.
- Implements and administers the corporate-wide Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) Facility Utilities System program and the Facilities Operations and Maintenance program for each site.
- Monitors and inspects all assigned facilities, working closely with the Janitorial Supervisor or appropriate janitorial service vendors, to assess operations for a clean, safe environment.
- Prioritizes and implements service requests. Monitors project schedules and notifies local staff of project status, operational inconveniences and relocation schedules.
- Develops and implements work schedules including on-call schedule for all maintenance staff to guarantee appropriate staffing coverages.
- Performs general maintenance including carpentry, plumbing, light electrical, light cement masonry in accordance with state and federal safety standards.
- Coordinates services and work programs with Facilities Management staff.
- Certifies that the work and documentation for all safety inspections is in accordance with Corporate Standards.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Assesses competencies of staff, provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational, and communication needs of all levels of maintenance and janitorial staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: Four years’ experience in facilities maintenance, building maintenance, mechanical systems and/or construction related field. This includes two years of supervisory experience.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: First Aid certification within 90 days of employment. Forklift operator’s license preferred. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Skills in logical reasoning, problem-solving, sound judgement and conflict resolution. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with the potential for frequent interruptions. Ability to coordinate projects with vendors and various teams within the organization. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of employees in a professional manner. Knowledge of the correct and safe usage of assorted cleaning chemicals used in janitorial duties. Ability to use maintenance trade equipment and tools. Possesses carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC skills to perform general maintenance in accordance with state/federal safety standards and within the regulations of Federal/State/Local building codes. Ability to read and understand construction documents such as “As-Build” drawings and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) manuals. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Word and Excel.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.