Provides a clean and safe environment for the public and staff on the grounds of the Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinics (YVFWC) year around. This is completed by maintaining and cleaning buildings, grounds and specified equipment. Performs and documents safety inspections on building systems.
What We Offer
- $20-$24/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
- Performs HVAC trouble shooting and performs general maintenance on HVAC systems (replace filters, belts, pullies, etc).
- Performs general maintenance including carpentry, plumbing, light electrical, light cement masonry ls in accordance with state/federal safety standards.
- Landscapes and maintains grounds and common areas, including lawns, flowerbeds, shrubbery, and parking areas. Provides maintenance dictated by weather conditions including removal of snow and ice from walkways.
- Disposes of medical waste, inclusive of hazardous, regulated, and/or infectious waste.
- Assists in various construction projects, performing furniture moves, box moves, coordinating access for contractors and vendors plus other miscellaneous duties.
- Manages building security and access control systems for user access and system tests as directed by the Clinic Administrator.
- Manages the maintenance provided by vendors of onsite building HVAC system, security system, building electrical systems, fire alarm system, roofing, medical gas systems, and landscaping.
- Maintains assigned company vehicles to company standards.
- Manages and documents all safety inspections according to Corporate Standards. Completes and documents tasks on safety matrix.
- Ensures that assigned buildings and other designated areas are cleaned and maintained in accordance with established guidelines.
- Performs daily janitorial duties as required for items that need immediate attention such as replenishment of restroom supplies, trash removal, cleanup of spills.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year experience in building maintenance.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: First Aid certification within 90 days of employment. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Effective verbal and listening communication skills. Skills in logical reasoning, problem-solving, and sound judgement. Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects a variety of tasks simultaneously, with the potential for frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of employees in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of the correct and safe usage of assorted cleaning chemicals used in janitorial duties. Ability to use maintenance trade equipment and tools. Possesses carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) skills to perform general maintenance. Knowledge of and ability to perform General Maintenance within the regulations of Federal/State/Local building codes. Ability to read and understand construction documents such as “As-Build” drawings and O&M manuals.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.