Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain clean buildings, grounds, and specified equipment.
- Perform and document safety inspections on building systems.
- May be asked to provide support in the Procurement, Materials & Management warehouse including inventory control, equipment staging, receiving, deliveries, and equipment set-up.
What we offer:
- Competitive benefits package including 100% employer-paid health coverage for employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine, profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more!
- HS Diploma
- One year experience in building maintenance or a related field.
- Current driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance liability coverage.
- Ability to do the following (as long as the performance of the duty does not violate Federal/State or Local building codes or regulations):
- Repairs – Painting, wall repairs; install approved equipment, minor carpentry, and general maintenance.
- Electrical – Change ballast, light bulbs, batteries and troubleshoot.
- Plumbing – Change toilets, repair flushometers, replace/repair faucets, change out water heaters, test re-circulation pumps and possess a general knowledge of commercial plumbing systems.
- HVAC – Basic understanding of commercial HVAC systems such as changing filters, belts, fuses and thermostatically controlled multi-zoned systems.
- Safety – Ability to manage, perform/outsource and document safety inspections according to Corporate Standards.
- Security systems – Manage users and test security systems, key locks and programmable keypads as directed by the Clinic Administrator.
- On-Call – Must be available for after hour’s security on-call.
- Landscaping – Maintain grounds and common areas, including lawns, flowerbeds, shrubbery, parking areas, and trash pickup.
- Janitorial – Perform daily janitorial duties that can’t wait for the night janitorial crew such as replenish restroom supplies, remove trash, clean up spills quickly, and clean windows.
- Vehicles – Manage the maintenance of onsite vehicles according to manufacturer’s specs and recommendations including monthly safety inspections and outsourced yearly safety inspections.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.