Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Assists patients and supports clinic staff and Providers. Performs various administrative and clerical duties in a manner which promotes quality patient service.
- Answers the phone, transfers calls and takes messages as needed for the clinic.
- Greets patients and maintains patient and visitor log. Notifies appropriate person of the patient’s arrival. Provides translation services as needed to patients.
- Ensures accurate and complete data and forms are collected for all patients. Creates and maintains patient charts, registering new patients and updating patient data in the computer.
- Schedules patient appointments according to scheduling guidelines, appointment type, and time needed. Notifies appropriate Provider of all patient no-shows and cancellations. Adjusts and updates the schedule for cancellations, new patients and recall appointments.
- Verifies patient’s insurance eligibility and obtains and files insurance documentation. Assists patients with questions regarding insurance plans as needed.
- Reviews and responds to patients’ questions in person, via phone, and patient portal systems.
- May perform routine billing functions such as posting patient encounters, encouraging payment, taking payments and generating end-of-day reports.
- Reviews cash box receipts and reconciles cash box daily.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year’s experience as a Receptionist in a clinic preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions.. Ability to interact with patients, Providers and staff in a professional manner. Ability to deliver outstanding customer service. Basic knowledge of medical terminology desired. Basic knowledge of healthcare billing insurance desired. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.