Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
This position ensures the stability, integrity, performance, and sustainability of the enterprise network infrastructure. Plans, designs, and develops network technologies across the enterprise. Responsible for the overall ongoing performance of the enterprise network and setting future vision.
Work 4-days a week from home! 1-day a week in the Toppenish, WA office!
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties
- Designs, implements, and maintains the enterprise network infrastructure to support the strategic business needs of the organization and to ensure maximum uptime. Provides technical analysis of network infrastructure.
- Recommends, designs, implements and monitors all network infrastructure security solutions and controls and ensures their effectiveness in meeting organizational and regulatory goals. This includes firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, evasion technologies, web security, data encryption/transportation, access-control lists (ACLs), and network/data isolation.
- Performs periodic and incident-based security audits, scans and/or tests as needed including auditing existing controls for continued effectiveness and alignment.
- Acts as the senior lead in network infrastructure-related projects ensuring proper design, implementation, risk analysis, compatibility analysis, and documentation to ensure maintenance of service level agreements, compliance with data and security governance, and alignment with strategic goals.
- Monitors and analyzes the network infrastructure and performs regular capacity planning and performance tuning/configuration management, including the recommendation of improvements that should be made to provide better service, availability, compatibility, and/or alignment for the organization.
- Acts as the senior lead in recommending, coordinating, testing, and implementing key process improvements as they relate to any new and/or existing equipment, hardware, and/or software including upgrades.
- Designs and implements business continuity (high availability) and disaster recovery systems ensuring they are properly maintained and tested including systems replication/data replication/data backups, etc.
- Conducts research on new enterprise infrastructure solutions, services, and standards evaluating them for their ability to help meet the strategic objectives of the department or organization and makes recommendations on their advantages. Provides reports for presentation to organizational leadership on the feasibility, alignment, risk, and benefits of changes to the systems/network infrastructure.
- Collaborates with department leadership in assessing near and long-term network infrastructure goals including recommending new technologies, their alignment with strategic initiatives and their impact on performance, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Network Engineering; Information Technology (IT); Computer Science; Engineering; or equivalent science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) field.
- Experience: Two years of progressive experience with network and system design and implementation.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current Industry Certification in networking Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and/or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) required.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Knowledge of security governance and their applications inside an organization. Expert hands-on technical knowledge of Cisco enterprise networking technologies (including core switching, Nexus fabric, ASA firewalls, edge and core routing, managed wireless, virtual local area networks [vLANs], demilitarized zone [DMZs], intrusion detection/prevention [SourceFire], evasion technologies, network load balancing, etc.) Ability to lead and perform all aspects of engineering, implementing, maintaining and supporting enterprise-level network infrastructure technologies in data centers. Ability to perform capacity planning and performance tuning of enterprise-level network infrastructures. Ability to facilitate effective team interactions and mentor other technical staff who are in a more junior role. Effective project management capability throughout the project lifecycle of planning, organizing, managing, and finalizing outcomes. Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Ability to conduct in-depth research into issues and technologies. Ability to effectively document current/future states during upgrades or system implementations. Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Intermediate proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Word, Excel and Visio.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in Washington State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.