Provides instruction in a classroom or virtual setting to community members to support expanded learning and enable successful transition to post-secondary education and/or the workforce.
What We Offer
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
- Teaches Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes to improve English language skills and increase educational attainment.
- Instruction is designed to prepare students for the General Education Diploma (GED), post-secondary education, and/or the workforce.
- Prepares lesson plans for students in a number of learning areas.
- Designs, develops, and delivers learning opportunities and assesses individual academic progress.
- Differentiates instruction to meet the individual student’s needs and various learning styles.
- Documents and reports student attendance and progress.
- Incorporates Life Skills, Leadership, Vocational Skills and other relevant learning opportunities.
- Attends case management meetings and provides feedback on participants.
- Solicits, screens, and orients volunteer tutors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED. Certification and/or demonstrated knowledge of the subject matter being instructed. Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Communication, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Experience: Two years’ experience teaching adults and/or teenagers. One year supervisory experience in a classroom setting or educational program preferred. Two years experience developing and/or implementing curricula through instruction in a classroom setting or educational program preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: CPR/First Aid Certification to be obtained in the first 30 days of employment. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of the GED Test, ABE, and TEFL/TESOL and other teaching strategies. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills with individuals and groups. Strong organizational skills. Ability to lead in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. Ability to design, implement, and evaluate educational programs and services. Ability to effectively manage a classroom and students. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency with virtual platforms including Google Classroom, Google Meets, and Zoom.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.