Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Provides patients of YVFWC with the needed educational information related to social service agencies available in the YVFWC service area. Identifies and provides outreach to individuals and families in need of healthcare coverage and/or healthcare home, including efforts in targeting special populations such as migrants and the homeless.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties
- Assesses patients’ current situation and identifies services needed to ensure their basic needs and concerns are addressed. Administers “Social Determinants of Health” tool to facilitate disclosure of additional needs or concerns like mental health, nutrition, physical activity and/or finances.
- Makes referrals to appropriate agencies and service providers based on identified needs. Provides information and assists clients for self-referral.
- Utilizes knowledge of local community resources and services offered to provide recommendations and referrals for client. Utilizes skills and knowledge of human behavior to assess and influence client’s responsiveness to accessing the resources and services recommended.
- Identifies and provides outreach to individuals and families in need of healthcare coverage and or healthcare home services. Identifies needs for special populations such as migrants and the homeless.
- Provides application assistance for clients for healthcare coverage as needed.
- Collaborates with all staff members to provide comprehensive services that are individualized to best serve each client.
- Provides education to individuals and families regarding effective use of the local healthcare system, as well as various agencies and services available.
- Participates in community outreach functions as requested.
- Completes necessary documentation including the Monthly Tracker.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: One year of experience working as a Lay Leader, Promotor, Community Health Worker or similar role.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Strong organizational skills. Ability to analyze and address patient concerns and identify priorities for patient care. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Knowledge of the social and health agencies in the area and services offered. Knowledge of medical terminology. Knowledge or member of the community being served. Basic knowledge on the principles of health promotion, disease prevention and preventive care. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in Washington State and Oregon. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.