YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
The Patient Benefits Coordinator (PBC) serves as a liaison between the patient and the external billing and insurance agencies. This position is responsible for assisting patients with obtaining health insurance coverage, submitting insurance claims, and following up on account receivables.
This position has a primary location. In the event of an operational or staffing need, there may be a request to support another Rosewood Family Health site (Powell/Lents/Gateway).
- Responds to patient billing questions and assists patient with resolving any issues. Partners with the internal Billing department and the Medicaid Office as needed to resolve patient billing and insurance issues.
- Provides information to patients and clients on billing and payment practices.
- Provides information to patients regarding their individual bill including account activity and balance due.
- Reviews medical insurance options and eligibility requirements with clients including Managed Care plans and other special programs. Advises patients on how to utilize third party resources to secure necessary medical care.
- Assists clients with the application process for medical insurance coverage. Reviews eligibility requirements and obtains necessary information for the application. Files and tracks applications per guidelines, sending reports as needed.
- Educates clients on how to read and understand their medical insurance coverage. Assists clients with resolving any issues with their medical card or benefits covered by their card.
- Manages various work queues daily to ensure timely processing and completion of activities including insurance applications, discounts provided and Medicaid.
- Receives and assesses hardship and/or write-off requests. Prepares and submits adjustment requests as needed and forwards to the internal Billing department.
- Maintains current knowledge of any changes or updates regarding Managed Care programs, State Medicaid and/or Federal Medicaid.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year’s experience with billing credit and/or patient benefits, preferably in a medical office preffered. Experience in special programs such as State Managed Care plans.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Affordable Care Act (ACA) Certification. Must pass the ACA exam within 30 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. ( English/ Vietnamese, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Russian.) Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to build effective relationships and interact with the patients, providers and staff in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Electronic Medical Records, Word and Excel. Basic knowledge of medical terminology and medical billing insurance desired.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.