YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Do you want to expand your pharmacy career and work in a hybrid dispensing and clinical role?
Are you looking for an organization that is growing and offers you opportunities to grow along with us, as we expand into more clinical roles, including Specialty Pharmacy Services?
This is an exciting time to join our Pharmacy team as a Pharmacist Float. We are the best-kept secret in healthcare if you want a fulfilling career as a pharmacist. We value the contributions of our Pharmacist Floats and give them first priority for consideration when new opportunities become available.
This is a full-time position that will be based in the Yakima Valley, WA area, and will provide coverage to our pharmacies from Yakima to Walla Walla. New grads are encouraged to apply. Relocation assistance available.
Salary ranges from $130,000 – $133,560, and can go higher for highly experienced candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a hybrid dispensing and clinical role, operating at the top of your licensure. You can work in this hybrid role without needing to complete a residency.
- In addition to standard dispensing, our pharmacists are also an important member of a team-based patient care model, collaborating with Primary Care Providers to:
- Prescribe medications
- Order, interpret, and monitor lab tests
- Help manage chronic diseases
What we offer:
- Work-life balance, with a Monday – Friday schedule; no nights, weekends or holidays
- Competitive pay and additional compensation for float position
- YVFWC qualifies pharmacists for student loan repayment programs that could add $25,000 or more to your annual income, tax-free
- $0 premium for full medical/dental/vision coverage, family coverage also available
- 8 paid holidays plus 17 days paid time off (PTO) to start
- Paid license fees and continuing education benefit that includes cash reimbursement and additional 3 days paid time off
- Profit sharing and retirement plans, paid short and long term disability, and much more
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy; Pharm D Degree is a plus
- Current WA State Pharmacist License
- Valid WA State Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage
- Your experience with and knowledge about community or ambulatory pharmacies are pluses
- You are a subject matter expert in drug therapy
- You are team-oriented, customer-focused, and communicate effectively with staff, patients, and providers
- You are computer-savvy and experienced working with at least one pharmacy system as well as general business applications
- Your experience with inventory management is a plus
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.