Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Earn extra income working in this per diem position, providing services at Salud Medical Center in Woodburn and Lancaster Family Health Center in Salem, OR.
- Provides patient care services as assigned, which include but are not limited to:
- Drug Utilization Review
- Patient Counseling
- Drug Regimen Review
- Medication Therapy Management
- Collaborative Drug Therapy Management or other post-diagnostic disease state management, pursuant to a valid agreement
- Prescribe a drug or device, as authorized by statute according to Drug Therapy Management Protocols
- Orders, interprets, and monitors laboratory tests
- Receipt or transfer of a prescription
- Provides direct oversight of pharmacy personnel and ensures that they work only within the scope of practice and duties of their licensure.
- Ensures the security of the pharmacy area including the provision of adequate safeguards against theft or diversion of prescription drugs.
- Ensures that all records and inventories are maintained in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Ensures all prescriptions, prescription refills, and drug orders are correctly dispensed according to the prescribing provider’s authorization and YVFWC policies and procedures.
- Maintains active licensure and pharmacological knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, participating in professional societies.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy. Pharm D Degree preferred.
- Experience: Experience in community or ambulatory pharmacy practice preferred. One year’s experience working as a licensed Pharmacist preferredThe following residencies are the equivalent of work as a licensed Pharmacist: Post Graduate Year-1 (PGY-1) is the equivalent of 2 years, Post Graduate Year 2 (PGY-2) is the equivalent of 3 years.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current Oregon Pharmacist License. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Understands the professional expectations associated with the pharmacist’s role. Current knowledge of community pharmacy practice. Subject matter expert in drug therapy. Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment. Working knowledge of inventory management preferred. Current knowledge of State and Federal Pharmacy Laws. Strong attention to detail. Effective verbal and listening communication skills with a customer-oriented approach. Ability to prioritize work while performing multiple tasks requiring attention to detail, with frequent interruptions. Intermediate proficiency with a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Office preferred.m Basic knowledge of at least one pharmacy software system with ability to learn new ones.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.