Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Performs clerical duties related to the ordinary operations of the pharmacy under the supervision of the Pharmacy Manager or Pharmacist.
The work schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 12:00pm, and additional hours as needed when regular staff is out.
- Essential Functions/Responsibilities/Duties
- Answers the phone, answers non-professional level inquiries and transfers calls to appropriate staff.
- Enters patient data and billing information in the system including patient name, insurance, allergies, doctor and diagnosis.
- Delivers prescription to the patient verifying correct medication is provided. Collects payment and signature from the patient.
- Coordinates prescription counseling by the Pharmacist as needed.
- Maintains awareness of stock level and enters order for restocking based on defined minimum inventory levels. Verifies quantity and submits order to the Wholesaler.
- Verifies product orders received with invoice and purchase order. Places a sticker on each item and places it on the shelf.
- Monitors and checks expiration dates on drugs in stock.
- Returns or discards dispensed prescription to stock if not picked up by patient. Enters information in the system for reverse billing as allowed by state regulations.
- Processes prescription refills verifying refill availability as allowed by state regulations.
- Completes third party billing form and contacts Provider if prior authorization as allowed by state regulations.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Pharmacy Assistant state registration within 60 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: English/Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is required. Demonstrates the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Effective verbal and listening communication skills with a customer-oriented approach. Knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to perform administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing, faxing, scanning and copying. Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced environment. Ability to organize work while performing multiple tasks requiring attention to detail. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer systems including Microsoft Office preferred. Basic knowledge of a minimum of one pharmacy software system preferred.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.