Processes non-pharmacist or pharmacy technician related phone calls for pharmacy refill authorizations as well as other related pharmacy services.
What We Offer
- $16-$19/hour DOE with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Handles incoming and outgoing non-professional level phone inquiries and transfers calls to appropriate staff.
- Updates patient demographic information in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Responds to inquiries and provides information such as business hours, delivery services, price information, prescription status and/or refill availability.
- Ensures that all newly enrolled mail order patients have been completely and successfully signed up.
- Actively promotes and educates patients on all pharmacy services including the mail order process and auto-refill.
- Completes third-party rebilling process, including contacting insurance companies for authorization.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year’s experience in customer service, billing, cashier, and/or data entry preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Pharmacy Assistant state registration within 60 days of employment.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 9 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Knowledge of medical billing insurance preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred. Effective verbal and listening communication skills. Strong customer relations skills including the ability to manage stressful situations. Basic conflict resolution and de-escalation skills. Ability to work well in a customer-oriented team environment. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to perform administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing, faxing, scanning and copying. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Basic proficiency with 10-key. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We serve more than 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.