YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Develop, implement, and manage the Quality, Risk Management, and Patient Safety Programs in order to improve patient care and outcomes, and reduce the risk of adverse outcomes from patient care activities. This role monitors compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements thereby mitigating the risk of professional legal liability.
This position is located in sunny central Washington State in the heart of the Yakima Valley. We’re interested in all qualified candidates, including those outside the area who are open to relocating to the Yakima Valley. Relocation allowance is available.
What We Offer
- Salary $68,000 to $90,000 DOE, with ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates.
- Relocation allowance available.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Investigates issues and process failures formulating opinions and action plans.
- Assesses assigned facilities frequently, recognizing trends and provides effective interventions.
- Supports staff regarding regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Develops a timetable for providing education within the assigned areas.
- Provides insights, implements, monitors, and manages a robust patient safety culture.
- Maintains timely and accurate risk management, quality management and patient safety data and provides accurate and applicable data reports as needed.
- Monitors routine risk management data reports that capture outcomes, causes, interventions and barriers to safe patient care.
- Presents reports to leaders and collaborates in identifying solutions to improve outcomes.
- Collaborates with the organization management to formulate policies and procedures in the areas of risk management, patient safety, infection prevention, performance and quality improvement, regulatory support, and accreditation activities and provides ongoing evaluation.
- Investigates risks and exposures at all levels of the organization to achieve fact finding through resolution with follow-up evaluation.
- Works with Data Informatics staff to develop reporting solutions that can be easily and regularly analyzed for workflow improvement.
- Receives and investigates patient complaints and grievances, responds to patient per CMS guidelines and tracks complaints/grievances for trends and inclusion in routine data reports.
- Collaborates with legal counsel on the preparation of responses to discovery requests and interrogatories.
- Serves as a liaison between Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) and attorneys, Washington Casualty Company, and the Risk Management and Patient Safety Institute for preparation of defense of claims.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational offerings, professional memberships, and research.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with key departments and committees
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related field.
- Experience: 5 or more years of progressive experience in the healthcare industry. Healthcare risk management, quality management and/or patient safety preferred. Outpatient clinic setting in a large organization preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Certification in Risk Management, Quality and/or Patient Safety required. Registered Nurse (RN) or another clinical license or claims adjustor license preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of risk management theory and concepts, quality management and patient safety principles, methods and techniques. Knowledge of organization performance improvement techniques and tools. Able to aggregate and analyze data in a way that is meaningful to business operations and the mitigation of risk in a timely manner. Highly organized with ability to multi-task. Ability to follow through on projects and tasks, and track processes involving multiple people simultaneously. Knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office (Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and statistics. Strong interpersonal relationship skills. Communicates effectively under pressure and is understood by all levels of the organization by writing clearly, accurately and succinctly, and speaking clearly and effectively. Ability to actively listen and glean facts about events, issues and/or exposures. Is knowledgeable in and consistently demonstrates the principles of continuous process improvement. Ability to alter plans/routines when situation requires and continue to perform duties with professionalism.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.