Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
The Receptionist assists clients and supports staff. Performs various administrative and clerical duties in a manner which promotes quality service.
- Answers the phone, transfers calls and takes messages as needed.
- Greets clients and maintains visitor log. Notifies appropriate person of the client’s arrival.
- Ensures accurate and complete data and forms are collected for all clients. Creates and maintains charts, registers new clients and updates client data in the computer.
- Schedules client appointments according to scheduling guidelines, appointment type, and time needed. Notifies appropriate person of all client no-shows and cancellations. Adjusts and updates the schedule for cancellations, new clients and recall appointments.
- Verifies client’s insurance eligibility and obtains and files insurance documentation. Assists clients with questions regarding insurance plans as needed.
- Reviews and responds to client’s questions in person or via phone.
- May perform routine billing functions such as posting client encounters, billing insurance companies, encouraging payment, taking payments and generating end-of-day reports.
- Reviews cash box receipts and reconciles cash box daily.
- Manages the Referral Process, working on referrals from inception through completion.
- Manages the recall process to include follow-up communication to patients for routine preventative care, treatment plan completion, and other appointments as needed.
- Ensures that documents are sent to the Health information department and filed in the client’s record.
- Orders and stocks office supplies required for staff use.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: Six months’ experience in an office or customer service position. Six months’ experience in a clinical setting.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: English/Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is required. Demonstrates the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to interact with clients and staff in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Basic knowledge of healthcare billing insurance preferred. Ability to deliver outstanding customer service.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.