Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
This position is located at our administrative office in Yakima, Washington. Relocation allowance is available. On-site is preferred but a hybrid on-site/remote work arrangement is an option if within driving distance of Yakima and the ability to work on-site in Yakima for one week every 6-8 weeks.
Accountable for managing the activities, outcomes, metrics and performance of the Recruiters supporting staff positions. Responsible for guiding and implementing the end-to-end talent acquisition strategies for the staff positions. Manages vendor relations and performance.
We offer great benefits:
- Relocation allowance.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Leads and supervises the work of the Recruiters ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establishes goals and metrics for the team. Evaluates performance against goals and provides coaching for optimal performance.
- Solicits and evaluates candidate feedback and establishes procedures to ensure the candidate experience is consistent and positive.
- Collaborates with the Recruiting Director to create and establish strategies and procedures for staff positions.
- Develops innovative sourcing strategies in collaboration with the Recruiters for the various functions.
- Creates and delivers reports regarding recruitment strategy, performance, metrics and effectiveness.
- Manages vendor relations ensuring service level agreements are met. Assesses vendor performance and communicates recommendations for improvement. Communicates system updates to staff and revises processes as needed.
- Maintains an active requisition workload that includes full cycle recruiting.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Supports staff growth and development. Assesses the educational and experience needs of all levels of staff in collaboration with the individual. Encourages staff to seek educational opportunities incorporating job related training in addition to mandatory training.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources (HR) or Business Administration. Master’s Degree in HR or Business Administration preferred. Without Bachelor’s degree, can substitute relevant experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience: Five years’ experience in full cycle recruiting with duties including pre-screening candidates, participating in interviews, making offer recommendations and providing guidance to hiring managers. Career Services, HR Generalist with recruiting responsibility is equivalent. One year’s experience in a supervisory position, preferably in recruiting or completion of Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic (YVFWC) Fast Track Leadership Training. Master’s Degree with three years’ experience may substituted for the five year requirement. Two years’ experience of the five years’ experience spent as a Senior Recruiter preferred. Two years’ experience in a supervisory position, preferably in a recruiting function within a healthcare organization preferred. Experience in a highly competitive industry and dynamic environment preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: PHR (Professional in Human Resources) or SHRM-CP (Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional) certification or other HR/Recruiting certifications preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: In-depth knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, and selection. Knowledge of compensation and benefits as it relates to recruiting. Ability to prioritize work and handle various tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion. Strong analytical and decision-making skills to be able to assess an issue and determine an optimal solution. Strong attention to detail and accuracy. Skills in problem-solving, sound judgement and conflict resolution. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information with discretion. Ability to effectively manage employees and administer policies. Ability to compile and analyze data and generate reports. Ability to develop effective working relationships to gain trust and establish credibility. Advanced proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and an Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Intermediate proficiency with database program like Access preferred.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.