YVFWC has a compulsory vaccination policy including the Covid-19 primary series, the organization does not mandate the Covid-19 booster although it is offered through our employee health department. Medical and religious exemptions to the primary series will be considered and for those approved, the employee should anticipate following appropriate guidance around masking and other protective equipment offered.
Coordinates and schedules patient referrals and follow up appointments.
- Manages work queues regarding referral activity on a daily basis to ensure timely processing and/or completion.
- Assists with patient referrals for additional services needed with internal and external medical facilities.
- Assists with patient insurance authorization.
- Assists with appointment setup as needed.
- Coordinates follow up between referral source and patient.
- Ensures chart notes and follow up documentation is linked to referral.
- Provides translated educational materials and directions to patients when necessary.
- Processes incoming correspondence and responds to calls, emails, and faxes.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year’s experience working in a medical and/or dental front office setting; with insurance referrals and authorizations preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: Bilingual (English/Spanish) required. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Knowledge of or ability to learn medical terminology required. Ability to prioritize work, handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and complete projects in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.