Applicants for all positions must be or become fully vaccinated against Covid-19 if selected for hire. Valid medical or religious exemptions will be considered but serial Covid-19 testing will be required to maintain employment.
Coordinates and schedules patient referrals and follow up appointments.
- Manages work queues regarding referral activity on a daily basis to ensure timely processing and/or completion.
- Assists with patient referrals for additional services needed with internal and external medical facilities.
- Assists with patient insurance authorization.
- Assists with appointment setup as needed.
- Coordinates follow up between referral source and patient.
- Ensures chart notes and follow up documentation is linked to referral.
- Provides translated educational materials and directions to patients when necessary.
- Processes incoming correspondence and responds to calls, emails, and faxes.
- Education: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
- Experience: One year’s experience working in a medical and/or dental front office setting; with insurance referrals and authorizations preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required: English/Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is required. Demonstrates the ability to communicate at level 9 on the ALTA language proficiency scale. Knowledge of or ability to learn medical terminology required. Ability to prioritize work, handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and complete projects in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.