Provides direct nursing care for patients. Performs diagnostic tests, analyzes results, administers medications, records patient’s symptoms and medical histories. Provides support and assistance to the providers during outpatient office procedures. Responsible for nursing staff and general operations at the department level.
What We Offer:
- Sign-on bonus of $7,500 in first paycheck and $2,000 at 12 months of employment.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and more.
- Competitive pay and shift differentials.
- Coaches, mentors and trains direct report staff. Provides continuous performance management and conducts employee performance evaluations. Addresses performance and/or behavior issues, clarifying expectations and providing feedback.
- Supports staff growth and development. Identifies staff training needs and creates action plan with employee incorporating job performance training needs as well as mandatory training.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff. Provides orientation to outline job requirements and expectations, policies and procedures, and proper use of tools and equipment.
- Develops and implements annual department work plan. Assigns and coordinates work and manages the flow and the patient schedule. Collaborates with ancillary staff to process patients based on providers’ schedule, maintaining smooth patient flow.
- Provides patient care, discussing chief complaint and obtaining vital signs and complete health history for the patient. Collects information on allergies and preexisting conditions. Develops a baseline physical assessment.
- Provides information to patient regarding any procedures, including site selection and possible complications.
- May perform IV starts.
- Documents health history, assessments, actions and medications in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
- Assists providers in diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Identifies the purpose, side effects, and onset of action for each class of drug being given to patient. Explains medication, usage and possible side effects to patient/guardian and obtains consent.
- Collaborates with other healthcare providers in developing patient plan of care. Coordinates and plans interagency referrals related to patient care as directed by the provider.
- Collaborates with provider in implementing the patient plan of care including providing education and identifying additional services needed for the patient. Initiates follow-up care plan as needed.
- Plans agendas and prepares for departmental meetings, advisory meetings, etc.
- Monitors and reviews program progress on a regular basis to ensure program requirements are being met.
- Reviews processes related to daily implementation of patient care and evaluates compliance and effectiveness of the processes. Involves staff in development and implementation of process improvement solutions. Represents the agency and works collaboratively with community partners as applicable.
- Communicates with insurance companies and managed care plans regarding prior authorizations, formulary rejections and other requests as directed by medical providers.
- Performs clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Nursing. Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Experience: One year’s experience as a Registered Nurse (RN). Two years’ experience in patient care as an RN preferred. Two years’ supervisory experience preferred. BHS: One year’s experience working in a behavioral health setting preferred.
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: RN license for the state of practice. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification within three months of employment. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) preferred. PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) preferred. Valid Driver’s License and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred: English/ Spanish bilingual proficiency in written and verbal communication is preferred. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale to receive bilingual differential pay. Demonstrates ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale preferred. Knowledge of established professional nursing concepts, principles of practice and nursing procedures. Ability to understand, assess and react effectively to the unique needs of patients in all age groups. Knowledge of the uses and effects of medications. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills. Skills in problem-solving, sound judgement and conflict resolution. Ability to prioritize work and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, with frequent interruptions. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of patients, patients’ families and employees in a professional manner. Basic proficiency with a variety of computer programs including Word and Excel.
We serve more than 181,000 patients across 25 medical clinics, 14 dental clinics, 10 pharmacies, and 64 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.