Nursing opportunities with a mission-driven purpose in the Pacific Northwest: where your nursing career meets integrated care; offering up to $10k in relocation to join our team.
At Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, we believe you are more than a nurse, and we are more than a job. We’re an FQHC committed to providing patient-centered care to communities. Compassion is at the core of our approach. We treat patients according to their preferences, regardless of location, origin, or ability to pay. Our doors are open to all, regardless of their citizenship status.
As the city of Salem proudly notes, agriculture and related industries are essential to the vitality of the Mid-Willamette Valley. This contributes to the spirit of the Salem area. Food processing represents more than half of our region’s manufacturing base. Whether growing, storing, or packaging food, building equipment to harvest or process crops, or managing the harvest, the Mid-Willamette Valley specializes in agriculture and food processing. The abundance of agriculture contributes to the livelihood of our migrant farmworkers, warehouse workers, transportation industry, food industry, sustainability in farm-to-table programs, and more. Healthy communities are needed to produce these services. In addition, Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic is dedicated to ensuring we are available to keep our communities healthy, educated, and informed of our services.
We serve over 197,000 patients across 28 medical clinics, 15 dental clinics, 11 pharmacies, and 49 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
These short clips share a glimpse of our dedication to our communities, our health, and our families:
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse at our Lancaster Family Health Center in Salem, Oregon.
What We Offer
- $39-48/hour DOE with the ability to go higher for highly experienced candidates
- Up to $10,000 relocation assistance for candidates relocating more than 50 miles
- $5,000 sign-on bonus & $2,000 bonus at 12 months of employment
- Pay differential available for extended clinic hours
- 100% employer-paid health insurance including medical, dental, vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine
- Profit sharing; 403(b) retirement plan available
- Generous PTO, 8 paid holidays, and much more!
Do you have any student debt? All of our YVFWC sites are certified for state and federal loan repayment assistance. Ask for details!
- Provide care during patient visits, discuss chief complaints, obtain vital signs, and complete health history for the patient; develop a baseline physical assessment.
- Perform phone triage with patients to determine chief complaint and assess next steps and follow-up care needed.
- Document health history, assessments, actions, and medications in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Assist providers in diagnostic procedures and treatments.
- Perform IV Starts when ordered. Provides patient information regarding the procedure, including site selection and possible complications.
- Communicate with patients to collect information on allergies and preexisting conditions.
- Provide information to the patient regarding the procedure, including site selection and possible complications.
- Identify the purpose, side effects, and onset of action for each drug class given to the patient. Explain medication, usage, and possible side effects to the patient/guardian and obtain consent.
- Collaborate with other healthcare providers in developing patient plans of care. Coordinates and plans interagency referrals for patient care as directed by the provider.
- Collaborate with providers in implementing the patient plan of care, including providing education and identifying additional services needed for the patient. Initiates follow-up care plan as needed.
- Collaborate with ancillary staff to process patients based on providers’ schedules, maintaining smooth patient flow.
- Perform clinical responsibilities in alignment with The Joint Commission (TJC), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), and YVFWC requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred
- Professional Licenses/Certificates/Registration: RN License for the state of practice, CPR certification within three months of employment, BCLS certification (renewed annually), ACLS preferred, PALS preferred
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred; must demonstrate level 10 proficiency for bilingual differential pay, Training in Early Periodic Screening & Development Testing and Women’s Health Exams preferred, Proficient knowledge in nursing concepts, procedures, and medication uses and effects, Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills, Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple responsibilities with interruptions, Ability to interact with patients, families, and employees professionally, Ability to understand and meet the unique needs of patients of all ages, Basic proficiency in Word, Excel, and EMR.
At Farm Workers Clinic
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal-opportunity employment.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this opportunity!